Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Chinese carbon wheels

Just curious really as to whether anyone had bought any?

Looking on Ali express the prices seem to be so much cheaper than buying from the known brands and from some of the pics in the reviews it looks like they are going onto high end bikes. I know there are blogs out there discussing the benefits but I'm interested to know if any readers have tried them rather than reviews on the sites.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Drinfinity | 3 years ago
0 likes

My daughter has some 27.5" carbon rims on Novatec rims, 1200g the set, on her xc mountain bike. Round, lightweight, look smart. So far so good.

Biker101 | 3 years ago
1 like

Hi,

i bought a pair from eBay,  55mm carbon Clinchers, nova tech hubs with flat spokes.  It came with decent novatech qr’s, spare spokes and even carbon specific brake pads, including duties they came in at around 225. I have been using them for about 500 miles through rain and snow, no issues whatsoever. The braking is decent on the carbon rims and based on my own experience I would not hesitate to recommend. As a plus they make the bike look awesome. 

Cycloid replied to Biker101 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Same here. Mine are into their third season.

Organon replied to Biker101 | 3 years ago
0 likes

I haven't bought chinese but would think about it. I bought two 88mm rims from ebay, two different sellers for about 110-120 each. I then spray painted them black to match. Deep aero is amazing and makes a nice noise. It also turns the boys heads, I sometimes get random guys just calling out in the street 'Nice bike mate' [well I did until this time last year] must be the deep sections.

Latest Comments