Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Chapeau Sigma Sports

Just wanted to give a quick hat tip to Sigma Sports (with whom I have no association other than as a customer) for excellent customer service: my JetBlack Direct Drive trainer failed just before Christmas (right in the middle of a 1000 km charity ride, typical!) so I contacted Sigma Sports from whom I purchased it in November 2020 (not 2021 as originally said, thanks AS for correction). They had the item collected within two days and contacted me today to say they agree it has irretrievably failed; as they no longer have it in stock, they would refund me the full £770 I paid for it. I was expecting some months of waiting and arguing, getting the whole thing sorted in just over three weeks (with Christmas, New Year and all the Covid staffing shortages) feels a little short of miraculous, very happy with the company.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

hmjb | 2 years ago
1 like

Same. One of the best shops around. Great, knowledgeable,friendly staff. 

jacknorell | 2 years ago
1 like

Best shop around, I'm lucky it's an easy ride away and on route into Surrey

Steve K | 2 years ago
1 like

I was part of a charity group ride for the Palace for Life Foundation from Selhurst Park to Bournemouth just before lockdown in 2020.  Sigma Sports planned the route and provided guides for the ride, and they were great.  So nothing but love for them from me too.

jaymack | 2 years ago
2 likes

Sigma are top notch. I've bought loads of stuff from them over the years and our adult daughter (well I say adult...) recently purchased a bike from them. She had great service, easy to follow set up instructions and qualtiy tools included together with the largest cardboard box I've seen in ages, she could almost stand up in it. 

Secret_squirrel | 2 years ago
2 likes

Woohoo!  Well done Sigma and still a chance to replace it with one from the January sales.

Rendel Harris replied to Secret_squirrel | 2 years ago
2 likes

Just done exactly that and left with the price of some new winter kit in my pocket - very happy customer!

Kadinkski | 2 years ago
3 likes

I've got nothing but love for Sigma Sports

wtjs | 2 years ago
1 like

There's one device to avoid, then!

Rendel Harris replied to wtjs | 2 years ago
1 like

Yeah, to be fair it worked beautifully for fourteen months/8000km but then just jammed, not sure what the exact problem was but clearly fatal.

AlsoSomniloquism replied to Rendel Harris | 2 years ago
0 likes

Might want to edit your original post then.

Rendel Harris replied to AlsoSomniloquism | 2 years ago
0 likes

Ah yes - November 2020 was when I bought it!

jn46 replied to Rendel Harris | 2 years ago
1 like

You did quite well. My Volt, which was purchased in Nov 2021, lasted two weeks and was returned before Christmas. A month on and I'm still awaiting a decision as retailer (not Sigma) sent it off to the manufacturer for assessment. I'm hoping that's the UK wholesaler, not Jetblack in Australia....

Those two weeks were smooth and quiet mind. Probably bad luck and got one of the Friday afternoon batch.

AlsoSomniloquism replied to jn46 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Two died about the same time, was there a firmware update launched that killed them?

Rendel Harris replied to AlsoSomniloquism | 2 years ago
0 likes

Not mine, I hadn't updated since I bought it before it failed.

Rendel Harris replied to jn46 | 2 years ago
1 like

Mine went to the UK supplier, it took them under a month (collected 21/12, agreed yesterday) to agree it was irrevocably broken, so hopefully you'll hear something soon.

wtjs replied to Rendel Harris | 2 years ago
1 like

Well, I was originally responding to the original claim that it had lasted only 2 months at the most, but 14 months is still a poor longevity so my statement still stands!

Latest Comments