Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cannondale Synapse - new Wheelset (hunts or dtswiss)

Hi everyone!

I'd really appreciate if you could help me with a question regarding a new Wheelset for my bike.

I have a 2017 Cannondale Synapse 105 disc break alloy which came with some Maddux 2.0 wheels. I've started riding my bike more often in the last 2 years and I've decided to upgrade my stock wheels for several different reasons.

My budget is between 400-500€ and at this point I'm in doubt between a set of Hunts (Mason x hunt) and some DT Swiss ER 1600 spline 32. I've read mixed reviews about the Hunts, but I was looking forward to your suggestion and/or feedback on both wheelsets.

I weight 73kg, ride around 200km/week (on good roads) and I'm currently running 25mm continental gp4000s. My bike has QR levers on both wheels.

I know there's been a few topics on this, but I'm just not sure if these wheels would fit my bike and I'm a bit unsure on the Hunts after what I read, so would really appreciate any help or other suggestion.

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments