Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Campag Veloce Replacement Chainrings

Hi, 

Looking for some advice if anybody has any ideas.... I see campag have ditched 10 spd gpsets and hence replacement parts are getting hard to come by. I've got a 50/34 compact veloce power torque chainset on my bike (with the rest of the 10 spd veloce gpset). I will need to replace the chainrings/chainset at some point and have been trying to research which ta/bbb/stronglight chainrings I might need. I understand that veloce compact is 110 bcd but that the 5th bolt that bolt to the crank is 112 bcd and therefore slightly offset, ive also read that diff thicknesses of chainrings can cause an issue. Seems to be a fair few 10 spd ultra torque (to replace 10spd centaur/record/chorus etc.) rings out there but cant seem to find anything on power torque (veloce) stuff. I know a fair bit of miche stuff is compatible with campag so don't know if any of their stuff will be any good....Anyway, if anyone has got any advice or recommendations for replacement chainrings then would be greatly appreaciated.

Cheers, Paul

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Martin1857 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hi Paul,

I've got the same Power Torque Chainset which I took off my Eddy Merckx EMX1 when I up swapped it out for an Ultra Torque model so that both my bikes had the same BB/Chainset set up. If you get stuck/desperate for a replacement then it's currently going spare somewhere in my basement.

Martin

Prosper0 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Paul, I have had my veloce chainrings replaced a few times.

I wouldn't waste time looking for expesive NOS 10s Campag ones or filing down other rings to fit. 

Miche rings work great with Veloce and can be found at a good price. Condor are one of the biggest UK stockists for Campag so are good a supplying parts for older kits. 

Make sure you replace both rings at the same time to maintain good shifiting.  1

paulomac85 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks. I'll have a look into those nerius ta rings although the description seems to specify ultra torque...but also mentions the bolt for the crank being offset which sounds like is what I need..It does mention veloce but I think that's a 9 speed ultra torque version they did pre 10 spd power torque.

"Nerius outers are compatible with Campagnolo carbon compact square taper and Record carbon/Chorus carbon/Centuar alloy compact Ultra-Torque cranks. Nerius inners are for all compact Ultra-Torque cranks. CNC machined. The 5th arm is slightly offset for crank fixing. The 5th bolt hole has no recess for a bolt head as this bolts straight into back of crank. **TAX inners: all Compact Ultra-Torque cranks** **TAY outers: Carbon Compact square taper and Record carbon/Chorus carbon/Centuar alloy compact Ultra-Torque cranks** **TAW outers: Centaur carbon/Veloce/Mirage compact Ultra-Torque cranks** * Outers : 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53T * Inners : 34, 36, 38, 39, 42T * PCD : 110 pcd Campagnolo offset arm * Colours : Silver and Black * Material : AL 7075 T6 * Weights : 34T 27g, 48T 74g"

Dnnnnnn | 3 years ago
0 likes

It's a two-minute job to file out one 110mm hole to accept the 112mm bolt spacing.

That'll let you use any five-bolt, 110mm BCD chainring brand, and the difference between so-called 9 and 10 or 10 and 11 speeds is negligible.

I'm not sure what "speed" chainring is on my (probably) 10-speed Chorus chainset (which uses an 11 speed chain) - but it shifts fine.
https://sheldonbrown.com/speeds.html#chainrings

aegisdesign replied to Nick T | 3 years ago
0 likes

They won't ship to the UK post-brexit.

How about https://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/components-c169/chain-rings-c208/road...

I don't think there's any difference between power and ultra torque chainrings.

Latest Comments