Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Brooks "England"

Anyone in the UK tried to order anything from the Brooks "England" website lately?

I did.  Minimum order now £135.  Because of Brexit.  Yep, an "English" company now imposing a surcharge on UK residents.

How is a company that aligns itself so closely with England, in all their advertising and branding, able to continue to do this?

PS I know they're Italian now.  But they still claim to be English.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Shades | 2 years ago
0 likes

Check out e-bay as there's a healthy 2nd hand market in Brooks saddles etc

TheBillder | 2 years ago
0 likes

Whilst I am as angry at Brexit as anyone, we have covered this before: you can buy from UK retailers easily and without the minimum order, because the UK distributor deals with the freedom / insane red tape (depending on your opinion).

Though aren't most Brooks products close to £135 anyway?

Awavey replied to TheBillder | 2 years ago
2 likes

even non UK retailers, ok not ones selling specifically Brooks saddles as I dont need one right now  1 but Ive ordered from other EU retailers this year for stuff under this £135 limit, and even received emails from Royal Mail warning me I could face customs import surcharges as a result as it gets logged in their systems as they were the courier ultimately, but I didnt because the retailer Id ordered from had sorted all that stuff out and were registered for VAT and it was not a big deal or problem.

why Brooks Italian owners are persisting with this setup I dont know, it cant be helping them sell their goods.

jaymack | 2 years ago
5 likes

And yet the Charlatans who got us into this mess still feign surprise at the depth and breadth of the tragedy they inflicted upon us. Which is only marginally more irritating than all these bloody adverts popping up when I've paid for them not to...groan...moan....

Latest Comments