Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike Trackers - Vodafone Curve replacement

Anyone know of any trackers other than Apple Airtags worth fitting to a bike?

My Vodafone Curve tracker has been excellent - much better than I expected when I bought it. The reassurance of being able to confirm my bike was still where I left it and being alerted when it was moved has been fantastic. But Vodafone have decided to stop supporting the devices, so on Aug 1st it ceases to be a GPS tracker and just becomes a bike light.

I don't have an iPhone, so can't use Apple's Airtags.

Before the Curve I had a Tile Sticker on my bike and generally only knew where it was when my own phone connected to it - Tile's network is very limited.
The next generation of trackers are about to be released which used Google's Find My... network. I've successfully used this before to find a lost phone so I have some hope that it'll be better than Tile's limited network. Chipolo are currently offering pre-orders on devices that use this system. So I might wait for that.

Alternatively, there are a few Kickstarters for GPS trackers none of which have yet come to fruition.
iTrakit on Indiegogo haven't quite given up, but it's clear they're really struggling.
See.Sense changed the name of their AIr to Knowhere and are claiming they'll have it working soon. See.Sense are another company I've experienced poor customer service from so I won't be rushing to give them any money until they can demonstrate a working product.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments