Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best mixed Road / Off Road light Ravemen PR1600?

Howdy wise readers of Road.cc

I'm in the market for a new front light but ideally want one thats good for both road and offroad, ideally with a really quick way to switch between them.  Most of my riding is early morning around dawn with significant wooded trail sections.

The Ravemen PR1600 seems to fit the bill, the PR1200 looked promising too but the remote doesnt seem to switch between road and off road mode.

Any recommendations?

The other option I'm looking at is running 2 dynamo lights and macgyvering a manual switch.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

ktache | 1 year ago
0 likes

I wouldn't mind my next light having some stvzo compliance attached.

I have been waiting for Exposure to start selling their stvzo range, they put them on their website in the before times, with prices and everything, but never actually got around to actually selling them.

I have had to add an extra big battery, then a whole R4+ lightweight to my Hope setup, which I had hoped would be my spare/accessorie light by now.

I would buy Exposure's big stvzo "style" or "applied for" light, even if they never got full accreditation, just to have a full friendly oncoming road user mode and to switch to 4000 lumen for hooning down rock strewn wooded downhills.

Peak gravel, I know...

Wafty Crank replied to ktache | 1 year ago
0 likes

I've got both (pr1200 & pr1600). The 1600 was a replacement for the 1200 when the battery started playing up (after about 2 1/2 years of almost daily use). I never really used the remote with the 1200 as I couldn't get the wired remote where I wanted it on the hoods. The 1600 remote being wireless and 2 button (hi beam / low beam, brightness) is much more useful. The 1600 is USB C, too. I'd definitely go for the 1600.
Gloworm X2 might be worth a look, too.
https://youtu.be/VL35ISwqdKY

Latest Comments