Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone else had a long wait on a Ti frame delivery?

I’m asking if anyone else out there is having a long wait on a Ti frame – I certainly am.

I know the one I am waiting on is manufactured in a country that has had (and continues to have) many covid restrictions and that titanium is also used for military applications (and there is a war on to the east of here) but, after ordering in spring 2021 (yes, 2021) and a year of “I hope it will be with you soon”, I am no closer to getting the frame I have been waiting over a year and a half for.

I’d be interested in hearing anybody else’s experiences.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

JMcL_Ireland | 1 year ago
1 like

I got a Van Nic this time last year and I think had about 2 months lead time on it, mostly I think down to supply chain issues from Shimano (it coincided with them releasing - if at that stage largely in name and review only - their 12-speed/Di2 only Ultegra), I don't think the frames were really an issue.

I'm in Ireland so you could be having B-word as well as C-word related issues, but that delay seems well excessive

Inder | 1 year ago
1 like

No issues with mine, ordered complete bike from Dolan in October it was ready to collect 1 month later.

mark1a | 1 year ago
0 likes

I picked up a new Ti frameset just two weeks ago as it happens. There was no wait on it, my size was in stock so I went over to Bognor Regis and collected it. 

What is it you're waiting for and where is it made?

Mr Grumpy replied to mark1a | 1 year ago
0 likes

Out of respect, I won't reveal the company, but they are British. Apparently the frames are made in the 'far east' an a country with a tough zero-covid lockdown policy.

mark1a replied to Mr Grumpy | 1 year ago
1 like

Fair enough. Mine is a Vaaru MPA, based in UK, made in Taiwan. I'm really pleased with it, very smooth comfortable ride (although that may be down to tubeless 30mm tyres, or the frame material). I'll caveat that with a few shortish local rides thus far. The company were great to deal with, very easy and friendly. Reasonably priced too, once I'd decided I wasn't going to wait for a bespoke UK made one from alternative brands, and in the short time I've had it, the build quality seems exceptional. 

https://www.vaarucycles.com/product/mpa-road-bike/

Steve K replied to Mr Grumpy | 1 year ago
1 like

If it's Ribble then the answer is yes, everyone.

Latest Comments