Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anybody else using Red Light Therapy?

I've been using RLT for about 18 months now and I'm just wondering if anyone else is using it regularly.

Hoping to corroborate my findings. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Jancha D. | 2 months ago
0 likes

Hi, Yes, I use the red light therapy panel almost every day, either in the morning to boost my energy, which I combine also with the ice bath. In the morning I use the red light therapy panel for about 10min straight after I wake up and then jump into the cold bath and I am ready to start my day full of energy. Otherwise if I do long distance bike trip and feel sore after I use the panel in the evening for 20minutes. I really feel the difference if I use or do not use it. When I use it my muscles are not sore the next day and it just feels great overall, also for my skin. I am using the panel from swiss company Alpinglow (www.alpinglow.ch) and can totally recommend. 

kil0ran | 1 year ago
0 likes

Only in conjunction with a sauna so can't isolate any benefits. Certainly daily sauna use has made a difference to my aging body through the winter. Scientific proof for RLT is minimal but is much clearer for sauna, be that of the traditional or infrared variety. Fasted sauna for me leaves me feeling full of beans although equally can't tolerate it after a meal, even breakfast.

IanGlasgow | 1 year ago
1 like
AlsoSomniloquism | 1 year ago
3 likes

I suppose it depends what you are using it for.

Apparently Tucker swears by it for Bromotherapy.

0-0 | 1 year ago
12 likes

I prefer to jump those red lights on my way past the road tax office 😁

David9694 replied to 0-0 | 2 months ago
4 likes

Don't forget to do some pavement riding and then back on the road the moment that theere's a beautifully designed built at great expense cycle lane. 

sparrowlegs | 1 year ago
4 likes

Haha! 

Not exactly the kind of red light therapy I meant but I can see that being just as therapeutic. 

David9694 replied to sparrowlegs | 2 months ago
7 likes

My wife Roxanne  uses hers whenever she feels a bit down. 

I keep telling her there's other ways to deal with it. 

chrisonabike | 1 year ago
4 likes

I'm trying both methods recently *.  I stopped at a few yesterday.  (I avoided many by being a cyclist and living in a fortunate place).  Then - with a gang! - cycled through quite a few.  The rule is the front always stops at red lights, but once they change to green everyone keeps going through until all have passed them.

Then back to normal again coming home.

* I have some morals.  But if you don't agree with them I have others.

mdavidford replied to chrisonabike | 1 year ago
1 like

chrisonatrike wrote:

* I have some morals.  But if you don't agree with them I have others.

Are they true morals or false morals, though? Because the false ones are poisonous.

chrisonabike replied to mdavidford | 1 year ago
0 likes

True ones - the best that money can buy! I'm not just talking social mores here.

hawkinspeter | 1 year ago
3 likes

I did stop at a red light yesterday - does that count?

(Had an e-scooterist go straight through it, but I overtook him soon enough when I got the green)

Latest Comments