Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anti cycling shock jock

I saw this idiot on Twitter - more depressing anti cyclist garbage...

Cristo
@cristo_radio
Listen up. It’s been stressful for a while. Labour versus Tory, Remain versus Leave, deal versus no deal, even lockdown versus everything open. Now we’re approaching 2021, can’t we all just unite and do all we can against the one common enemy we can all agree on? Cyclists.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

Chris Hayes | 3 years ago
4 likes

As an economic migrant to London and a daily bike commuter since in mid-90s I don't recognise the generalised descriptions of 'bad cyclists' , whatever that means.  It's probably quite frustrating as a driver seeing people moving around freely when you're stuck in a metal box in a long line of other metal boxes going slowly, but most cyclists just want to get from a to b safely and without drama. 

I'm lucky enought to live centrally and drive too -  though rarely - and one thing I have noticed is an increase in UBER/Just Eat riders on bikes, e-bikes, and low-powered scooters who seem to have a disregard for their own safety more than anything else.  Then there's e-scooters in cycle lanes which takes a bit of getting used to, but we'll get used to each other I'm sure. 

Perhaps its the emergence of identity politics that has given people the vocabulary and, seemingly, the right to lay into others?  It's pretty much illegal to lay into anyone else... so cyclists are an easy target for radio shock jerks and keyboard ninjas. 

wtjs | 3 years ago
1 like

The only aim of worthless insignificant idiots like this is to have people take notice of their worthless insignificant comments. Don't.

Rendel Harris | 3 years ago
6 likes

He justified it on Twitter by saying it was just a joke ("banter", the generic excuse of bullies, cowards, racists etc worldwide). I asked him if it would be OK to substitute "Blacks", "gays", "women", 'the working classes", "Muslims" etc for "cyclists" as long as I explained it was just a joke and he immediately accused me of being homophobic. A truly pathetic individual trying to carve out a niche for himself by being a poundstore copy (and God knows they're cheap enough) of Hopkins, Farage, Hartley-Brewer et al.

Hirsute replied to Rendel Harris | 3 years ago
4 likes

He seems more interested in semantics and saying 'you choose to cycle' and avoids the issue that he is stirring up dislike of a certain group as though they are a homogeneous mass.

David9694 replied to Rendel Harris | 3 years ago
2 likes

A joke? Ha bloody ha. 

CTD81 replied to David9694 | 3 years ago
2 likes

He is a joke, an unfunny bad one

BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP replied to Rendel Harris | 3 years ago
3 likes

Quite a few years back when the UK was going through its hate on Muslim phase (this was b4 the hate on the EU phase) I saw (one of many) derogatory comments on Mail on - line that I copied word for word but substituted 'Muslim', 'Islam' for 'Jew', "Jewish'. My comment was taken down in minutes. 

OldRidgeback replied to Rendel Harris | 3 years ago
0 likes

He's stirred up quite a bit of dislike on Twitter and is getting very defensive. 

CTD81 | 3 years ago
3 likes

It seems that every shock jock at the station that Cristo works for reguarly bashes cyclists and hates the LTNs

Rendel Harris replied to CTD81 | 3 years ago
4 likes

CTD81 wrote:

It seems that every shock jock at the station that Cristo works for reguarly bashes cyclists and hates the LTNs

Someone on Twitter pointed out that he has the 10PM- 1AM slot on his minor radio station and his audience mainly comprises cabbies, so he likes to preach to the choir.

Organon | 3 years ago
0 likes

Well really you shouldn't wear any kind of underwear under you bike shorts, or on you head for that matter.

Latest Comments