Home

This may seem unlikely, but it was actually me that created the Road.cc on strava.

I propose that this be the general chat/sledging/banter page with regards to anything strava.

First up is the new challenge/competition thing that I got emailed about a couple of days ago.

Who's on the leaderboards?

10 comments

mooleur [537 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I can't remember if I joined or not. I will tonight, although 90% of everything I put on there is private so it's a bit pointless  10

Whats the new challenge?

dave atkinson [6307 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

There is no challenge yet, we're looking at options. what would people like to see?

Our local bike shop (AVC) does a great segment competition once a month but since we have the whole UK to cover it might not work so well  1

NIrish [21 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Award for most interesting looking route from above....

dave atkinson [6307 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
NIrish wrote:

Award for most interesting looking route from above....

yeah, some GPS art. great idea  3

NIrish [21 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I have seen an interesting fish complete with fins and eyes

mooleur [537 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

^^ I like that idea!

Although there aren't enough roads over here so I probably would only be able to do a "splodge"  10

Lots of people are doing turbo training at the moment, could we do a challenge based on that? The normal Strava challenges don't allow for static trainers which is a bit poo.

Maybe something to do with RPMs or something?

Raleigh [1667 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Distance.

Only competition worth doing.

Socks for the leader each week or something.

mrmo [2093 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Distance.

Whilst i agree it is the only real challenge, the detail that your going to have to do c300+ miles a week to be in with a chance isn't going to help many to have a chance. I do c200miles and no way i can find another 100miles!

arfa [849 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

elevation gain ? we can all add in some more hills if we try

Raleigh [1667 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
mrmo wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

Distance.

Whilst i agree it is the only real challenge, the detail that your going to have to do c300+ miles a week to be in with a chance isn't going to help many to have a chance. I do c200miles and no way i can find another 100miles!

You don't have to do it every week!