Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

A balanced view from Worcester News .... not

Possibly the chief editor should consider this 'journalist's' position. Nice balanced reporting makes the Daily Mail look reasonable.

Feel free to write to Worcester News to call for this guys sacking .... I have.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/features/fairpoint/10800707.Cyclists_are_...

I had to check it wasn't April 1st.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

veseunr | 10 years ago
0 likes

Deluge time:
READERS OMBUDSMAN . If you have a complaint about anything in the Worcester News - in print or online - please email Paul Ricketts ( see contact us ) or telephone him on 01905 742271. Paul will attempt to resolve your complaint within two working days.

paul.ricketts [at] midlands.newsquest.co.uk

arrieredupeleton | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's nothing more than an 'opinion piece' designed to get people reading online in my view. His editor will be pleased and so will the big cheeses at Vacuum4 u.com and PW Jones coaches. They could only dream of the publicity! Mr Connell you have succeeded.

You have also succeeded in propagating the petty small minded, ignorant lazy attitudes that can lead to the tensions we all see and fear on the roads between cars and bikes. His views appear to be formed solely on the basis that he probably is a bit scared to wear lycra, looks a bit podgy, was spooked by a cyclist riding ON A CYCLE PATH!! and feels he needs to jump on the DM anti-cycling bandwagon as its the thing to do.

Finally, as with all of these daft wrongheaded articles he extrapolates things to a ridiculous degree to make sure you are still paying attention. 'Oh, and no horses, or wheelchairs, or women..... etc etc. Great work!

Get back to reporting on school fates and minor criminal damage Mr Connell. Bah!

veseunr | 10 years ago
0 likes

Another Jeremy Clarkson wannabe stirring up stuff to get his name out there. Hope it backfires and he's sacked.

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

This reads like a piece in the Onion. Breaking News, Mr. Connell: I can go as fast Bradley Wiggins*

*just not for as far.

pj | 10 years ago
0 likes

i would do, if i could be bothered to get worked up about a total idiot writing rubbish for a shitty paper in the heart of middle england.

William Black replied to pj | 10 years ago
0 likes
pj wrote:

i would do, if i could be bothered to get worked up about a total idiot writing rubbish for a shitty paper in the heart of middle england.

If you don't then the next time some twat in an Audi shouts "Oi pay your road tax" then don't complain.

If you don't speak out against such idiotic opinions you might as well condone them.

Latest Comments