Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2013 Giro dell'Emilia

Today is the Giro dell'Emilia, another Italian late season classic. This one has been run since 1909. Another race suited for climbers. I'll be posting results later. Here's the 2012 Top 20, the race profile and last year's cyclingnews.com report:

1 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (Col) Movistar Team 4:40:22
2 Fredrik Kessiakoff (Swe) Astana Pro Team 0:00:03
3 Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:00:04
4 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox 0:00:09
5 Chris Anker Sörensen (Den) Team Saxo Bank - Tinkoff Bank 0:00:22
6 Matteo Rabottini (Ita) Farnese Vini - Selle Italia 0:00:33
7 Giovanni Visconti (Ita) Movistar Team 0:00:35
8 Riccardo Chiarini (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:00:37
9 Miguel Angel Rubiano Chavez (Col) Androni Giocattoli 0:01:17
10 Gianluca Brambilla (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox 0:01:55
11 Yury Trofimov (Rus) Katusha Team 0:01:58
12 Cristiano Monguzzi (Ita) Farnese Vini - Selle Italia 0:02:01
13 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Acqua & Sapone 0:02:15
14 Emanuele Sella (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:02:16
15 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre - ISD 0:02:23
16 Fabio Felline (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:02:56
17 Paolo Bailetti (Ita) Utensilnord Named 0:04:05
18 Massimo Codol (Ita) Acqua & Sapone
19 Fabio Aru (Ita) Astana Pro Team
20 Thomas Löfkvist (Swe) Sky Procycling 0:04:17
21 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:04:19

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/giro-dellemilia-2012/results

I hope next year we can add this race and the Coppa Sabatini to the race calendar. Both races have been run for more than 60 years, the start lists are usually very similar and not too different from Milano Torino and Lombardia and they are pretty established in the cycling world. And who doesn't love races suited to climbers?  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yes, but its all about balance, the season has now ended in the game, apart from two stages left in Beijing.

Time to get working on 2014, lots of different things coming in  4

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

No they can't, we can't run more than one race per day in the classic's.

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

...we can't run more than one race per day in the classic's.

You're right, of course. In this case, the Gran Premio Bruno Beghelli and Paris Tours were on the same day, but I wouldn't have expected you to choose the GP Beghelli over Paris Tours. I realize Paris Tours (1896) is way older than the GP Beghelli (1996). They, of course, appeal to very different types of riders.

What I mean is adding more than the 4 races that were put up this year... We could have had the Gran Premio Città di Peccioli - Coppa Sabatini (1952) and the Giro dell'Emilia (1909), and even though it isn't a classic, the Chrono Des Nations (1982), without the conflict of them being on the same day and, honestly, the start lists for many of these races are very similar, and, of course, I'd be so happy to get you the information you may need to fit them all in, if, in fact, all you need is the teams that are participating, the names of riders that will be starting, their birthdates, maybe a picture of their jersey and any other information you might tell me is necessary. The scoring would be easy to do, of course, so I'd be happy to help with that... Just would love to expand the end of the season a little and wouldn't mind helping out...

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

2013 Giro dell'Emilia Results

1 Diego Ulissi (Ita) Lampre-Merida 5:00:53
2 Chris Anker Sörensen (Den) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:00:01
3 Davide Villella (Ita) Cannondale Pro Cycling
4 Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:00:04
5 Francesco Manuel Bongiorno (Ita) Bardiani Valvole-CSF Inox 0:00:06
6 Edoardo Zardini (Ita) Bardiani Valvole-CSF Inox 0:00:08
7 Mauro Finetto (Ita) Vini Fantini-Selle Italia 0:14:00
8 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Lampre-Merida 0:27:00
9 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 0:29:00
10 Emanuele Sella (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:40:00
11 Gianfranco Zilioli (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:46:00
12 Davide Rebellin (Ita) CCC Polsat Polkowice 0:49:00
13 Pierre-Roger Latour (Fra) Ag2R La Mondiale 0:01:26
14 Riccardo Chiarini (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:01:37
15 Diego Rosa (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
16 Kristijan Durasek (Cro) Lampre-Merida 0:01:43
17 Alessandro Proni (Ita) Vini Fantini-Selle Italia 0:01:53
18 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Merida 0:01:55
19 Oliver Zaugg (Swi) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:02:19
20 Darwin Atapuma Hurta (Col) Colombia 0:02:21

A really nice race. I volunteer to help get this and the Copa Sabatini on the game calendar next year. I guess I can get the teams, start list and help with the scoring. These are really nice races and I think they really belong on the Autumn classics competition.

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com//2013/10/12/1/foto_670.jpg

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
cyclingnews.com wrote:

... Diego Ulissi is Italian cycling’s man of the moment... Still only 24 years of age, the former junior world champion has put together his best season to date as a professional, claiming six victories in total...

There was a certain degree of inevitability about Ulissi’s victory on the hilltop finish atop Bologna’s Colle di San Luca on Saturday, coming as it did after similar wins on Superga at Milano-Torino and in Peccioli at the Coppa Sabatini.

... Ulissi... had help from Michele Scarponi, Damiano Cunego and Kristijan Durasek in the finale of the Giro dell’Emilia.

“... Durasek’s attack from distance was fundamental because it meant I could stay on the wheels...”

Ulissi’s final outing of 2014 comes at Sunday’s GP Beghelli in Monteveglio...

What a show by Ulissi at the end of the season. I'll follow the GP Beghelli and post the results later. So many races that could be part of the end of the season!  1

Latest Comments