Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike mutilation - Should I pluck out mine own eyes? - Can a charity be set up?

I’ve just spotted what must count as the most malformed abomination against two wheeled nature imaginable. A 1990’s sloping top tube time trial bike converted to a hipsters fixie (twatty deep section rims, 8” wide flat bars e.t.c) – with a large wire shopping basket seemingly welded on to the front.

I’m not sure what would have been the greater mercy – to put the bike or it’s rider out of their misery….

Is there any chance that a charity could be set up to rescue bike from such abuse?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

HowardR | 10 years ago
0 likes

Good point! - but to be used like that...  20 - the indignity!

SideBurn replied to HowardR | 10 years ago
0 likes
HowardR wrote:

Good point! - but to be used like that...  20 - the indignity!

I am just imagining the bike propped up against the bar, "Back in my day, I could go well under the hour" and "It is too easy these days" with a heavy dose of "The youth of today" etc...

SideBurn | 10 years ago
0 likes

Surely the bike would rather be out looking silly than gathering dust in a shed?

HowardR | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sadly not - I was so flabbergast the thought of recording such a horror didn't cross my mind. If, however, I see it again I'll definitely be recording it for posterity.

Argos74 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pix?

For reference purposes, of course.

Latest Comments