Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cadel Evans We love him

Well I don't know about loving him. The Guardian does have a good little piece on how he was perceived before Sunday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/sep/29/cadel-evans-cycling

For some reason a short piece about Garmin has been tagged on at the end. No! not that Garmin.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

rocketdoguk | 14 years ago
0 likes

Are you sure he's not English? He does winge a lot

cat1commuter | 14 years ago
0 likes

I've read a few comments that people thought his celebration as he crossed the line (blowing a kiss to each side of the road) was too low key. I liked it. Wouldn't it be boring if everyone punched the air or put both arms up as they crossed the line? It was nice to see Cadel doing something which reflected his character.

Simon_MacMichael | 14 years ago
0 likes

I warmed to him during the Vuelta, he was unlucky with losing the time bonus to Valverde one day when Gesink (unwittingly) cut him up, then the whole business with the botched wheel change.

If he'd gone into the final time trial 20 or 30 seconds down, who knows?

Looking back, there were enough clues on Cadel's and his wife Chiara's Twitter streams to suggest that on home roads he had a bit of a plan, I imagine the odds would have been fairly decent.

Have to say, I thought his Italian in interview afterwards (on BBC) was pretty faultless, though the Aussie accent cracked me up (though I know my Italian probably has a good bit of Cockney in it these days)

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

yeah, luck was with him for the first time ever, quite possibly, on sunday..wonder if that rainbow jersey will get him a bit more and he can go on to win a few more major races?

Denzil Dexter | 14 years ago
0 likes

I'd always wanted to like him from what I'd read about him and from what he says on his twitter feed now he's given me a reason to, which must be very pleasing for him  44

Latest Comments