Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

tour of turkey

What a shock mustafa sayar tested positive for epo after his performance on the last stage after being dropped the day before.This is the second year in a row that the winner has tested positive surly the UCI needs to look at where they are putting these development tours.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

con99 | 10 years ago
0 likes

it is from july but the new allegations about the turkish athletes must cause the other sports to think

NeilG83 | 10 years ago
0 likes

This is old news, unless there has been a recent update I don't know of. The reports I read stated that the positive test came from the Tour of Algeria, not during the Tour of Turkey.
I think the Tour of Turkey is a great race with an exciting parcours and stunning scenery. The organisers can't really be held responsible if someone decides to dope. The problem is that continental teams are not included in the biological passport, therefore their riders can escape detection. Sayer and the previous positive winner rode for the only continental team in the race; Torku Seker Spor which the organisers had included to ensure local support for the event. Hopefully in the future this team will be excluded to avoid more embarrassment.
Another worrying problem of not having the biological passport at continental level is that doped riders gaining valuable UCI points are offered contracts by teams trying to retain World Tour status. There have been ex-continental level riders from Euskatel and Lampre that have tested positive this season.

Latest Comments