Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Current handlebar size 44. If I switch to 42 will it be a problem ?

Hello,

There is a really nice offer for a new handlebar size 42. Currently I am using a size 44. I am not racing. Just weekend rides with club and 200km audaxes.

Will it be an issue if I put a size 42cm handlebar?

I am 1.92 with wide shoulders and back.

Thank you

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

stuke | 10 years ago
0 likes

Some companies measure outside to outside while others centre to centre so they might be the same size anyway. Going narrower will quicken the steering a bit but thats all really.

Hector Ch | 10 years ago
0 likes

You might want to read what Steve Hogg has to say about handle bar fitting before simply picking a bar width at random: http://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/bikefit/2011/07/behind-bars-bar-and-...

Al'76 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm 186cm tall, quite broad shouldered; got 44cm bars on a size 58 winter bike and 42cm on a size 56 summer bike.
Much prefer the 42cm but, as previous poster pointed out, we're only talking 1cm on each side...

lc1981 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just fit some 44cm bars to the new bike - problem solved.

issacforce | 10 years ago
0 likes

I was getting aching between shoulder blades with 44 changed to 42 all gone

kupepe | 10 years ago
0 likes

got a shoulder width 48 cm

kupepe | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well going at 180 grms .. i am currently using an aluminium that came with the bike so it's like 240 or something

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

This on it this way, are you saving weight?

What would be the weight to price balance?

Also, also think of it, 2cm, so its 1cm from each side...going to make no difference at all  3

Latest Comments