Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 21 under the lights

Final teams then for le tour?!

Cav to make it 5 wins in a row, or one of the Germans to win?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

68 comments

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

I did absolutely crap ! no other way of putting it  20

thereallyfatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think I beat TFC

thereallyfatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nothing for me then hey hey, think I was about 5000th, coming back from injury  4

See you all next year, enjoy the rest of the races.

Cheers
TFC

Yes she beat me.  22 but I was purist, and she's not logged out so I have posted on her log in.

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Woo hooo  1  16

Still can't believe I did so well if I'm being honest, got ahead with Gerrans at the start of the tour and never looked back!

I must admit, being so high made watching the last stage horrible! It was like watching my football team play!

I think the guys who are involved in scores (Gkam, the Doctor and Ter) have admin rights? If so, you guys can see scores before everyone else can.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Don't think admin rights have anything to do with it. Its a different system/login  1

Congrats, I remember the last stage of the Vuelta last hear when I had a chance to win the purist comp, was between two of us and I ended up finishing second  20 was awful waiting for the scores to come in.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Can of worms possibly being opened here!
I see Riblon got combative points but i thought the fantasy points are for stage combative not overall combative?  39

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well 645 overall, pretty pleased! Glad Fischer finally done something, was holding out for Bono to get some sneaky points, but oh well.
Well played rcorbin! Nice achievement!
Was an awesome tour! !!!!!

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well finished 8th on the stage and ended up 13th overall, 2nd in the forum, not bad. What would have happened had I not gambled on stage 16? Top 10 at least, but nevermind

Ended up 2nd in the forum RCUK game, Alan held me off by 40 points, 59th overall

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, came in at a nice, round 350th in the end. If I hadn't fatefully dropped Rolland on stage 19, I'd probably have been around 100 spots higher.

Still, can't be too disappointed, must still be top 10% at least.

Shame for Cav not to win in Paris, just ended up in the wrong position. Was still sprinting fastest. Fair dos to Kittel, though - what a tour he's had.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

77th for me, my first top 100 in a Grand Tour and about 800 places higher than I was in the Dauphine! Choosing Greipel over Cav for those 2 stages after the TT was probably what lost me the most, apart from that I seemed to call most stages OK.

Purists held on to 6th overall which I still can't quite believe. Most of the top teams would have had Froome, Quintana, Kittel and Cav/Sagan/Greipel, and I had 3 of those. I guess Riblon would've turned out to be the best sub-10-credit pick.

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've really enjoyed this tour, and I'm chuffed to bits with 10th place overall! happy with that in my first year in the game. Sorry I havent joined up much in the forum, work/family has kept me busy, but ive enjoyed reading the threads as always.
I look forward to a much needed rest this week, and then onwards and upwards  1

whats the relevation of this tour de france then, what's the consensus? apart from obviously quintana starring as best 'pure' climber, and kittel's raw sprinting power to outdo the cav fair and square.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kittel and Quintana were not so much revelations as confirmations of what had been expected from them.

The same probably applies to the likes of Talansky, Kwiatkowski and Bardet who were all expected to do well and did.

For me, nobody stood out as a revelation, nobody came from nowhere to astonish everyone with an amazing performance but that's probably because so many teams brought their 'A teams'.

It's probably also because I've been following the smaller races more this year and if I hadn't then performances from Dan Martin, Quintana and others might have been more of a surprise.

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, I think we all expected Quintana to do very well, but to get polka dots, white and 2nd overall, I think he surpassed every expectation! i was very bullish on him and put some mullah on him getting a podium place, in the hope he wouldnt be too restricted by team tactics for valverde. so the crosswinds day was a real blessing in that respect!

And Kittel to do well, sure, i certainly expected a clutch of podium placings, maybe snatch a win- i didnt see him take 4, putting the cav down!

But yeah in terms of real outliers, there havent been too many. As Ghedebrav said kreuziger stronger than forecast, and van poppel made his mark- not sure i agree re valverde, he finished strong enough but was still going backwards relative to quintana.

some very good perfomances on their day, people like bakelandts for example, strong showing. Interesting to see moser ( what is he, 22/23?) staying out for 3rd place on alpe, worth keeping an eye on him.

What next for BMC though? surely the biggest underperformers of this tour.

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Great shout on Moser, I had him down as a bit of a Sagan-lite classics rider, but that third place shows there's much more to him.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, a lot of riders exceeded expectations (Quintana, Kittel, Orica as a team) and a few finally met expectations (Bakelandts, Costa) but for me this tour was marked by how many riders failed to live up to expectations.

Contador is clearly not the rider he was two years ago, whether that's through age or through his 'doctor' being banned by USADA we'll never know but he's clearly not the rider of old.

Evans I have sympathy for, he rode hard during a very tough Giro (I still think it's a harder race than the Tour) and just didn't have anything left. TJVG though was a let down, everyone expected him to build on last year and get a solid top 10.

Pinot, Rolland and Voeckler were all let downs too. Pinot had a bit of a crisis, and illness, which took him out of the race early. Rolland just didn't seem to know what he wanted, some days it was polka dots, others it was GC, in the end he got neither. Voeckler was injured but it's still not the same without seeing him win from a long break at least once a year.

On Valverde, I think he'd have podiumed without losing that time in the cross-winds. He started to go backwards in the last week because he was working for the team and for Quintana, he clearly put in some big efforts but still managed to beat Contador/Kreuziger on the Semnoz, he was impressive and went up in my opinion with his willingness to work for Quintana.

Goss though was perhaps the biggest waste of space. Very few decent placings, not featuring on any particular stage and practically non-existent throughout the race. On form he has to be a rider who can challenge for the Green jersey, capable of sprinting and surviving on the tough stages he seems tailor made to threaten Sagan but he never ever looks as good as his potential suggested he would be. I don't know if it's mental or physical but I don't see in him any more the rider who won MSR or who burst onto the sprinting scene.

Gkam84 replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

I see Riblon got combative points but i thought the fantasy points are for stage combative not overall combative?  39

There is no combative on the final stage, so I gave him the points as he deserved them, getting the most combative over the whole tour.  3

Ghedebrav replied to johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes
johnny2names wrote:

whats the relevation of this tour de france then, what's the consensus? apart from obviously quintana starring as best 'pure' climber, and kittel's raw sprinting power to outdo the cav fair and square.

Danny Van Poppel had a very impressive Tour debut - especially aged just 19 (youngest rider, I think).

I was surprised by how well Valverde rode. If it weren't for the massive amount of time he lost on the fateful stage 13, he'd have probably finished second and may even have come closer to Froome than Quintana.

Kwiatkowski was overshadowed by Quintana, but he rode a fantastic tour.

Finally, Kreuziger looked super-strong throughout; what a year he's had, winning Amstel Gold and looking like a future team leader for GC in the Tour.

Alan Tullett replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

You won the top ten GC comp!!! Cheer up, that's the important one  3

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Well finished 8th on the stage and ended up 13th overall, 2nd in the forum, not bad. What would have happened had I not gambled on stage 16? Top 10 at least, but nevermind

Ended up 2nd in the forum RCUK game, Alan held me off by 40 points, 59th overall

Yes. Just scrapped home. My only forum win. 42nd overall.

Runner-up in Cycling News mini-league which wins me a prize, (TdF books and some other stuff). 11 points from the win! About 112th overall.

Here, 87th overall and 46th purist. Unusual for my purist to do better than my overall but I wasn't really concentrating by the last week as I knew I was out of it by 14.

Only 5 weeks to Vuelta although I won't be playing any other games as too busy with work.

ray silvester replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:

There is no combative on the final stage, so I gave him the points as he deserved them, getting the most combative over the whole tour.  3

Really?

Surely Millar deserved them on this stage?

While I support the points awarded for most combative within the game are we really just going to judge it ourselves if none are awarded?

Surely if none is awarded in the stage then neither should the game.....otherwise let's have some for Millar as he 'deserved' mountain points for the slight incline at the end of each lap and so on...

Stumps replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
stumps wrote:

You won the top ten GC comp!!! Cheer up, that's the important one  3

Yep, cheers for that. I actually forgot about that one  3

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I could see them too, wonder if its because I was already logged in?

Relatively happy on my purist team, 22nd overall, just couldn't pick up enough points in the last week but managed to squeeze home in the purist forum scorum by 11 points so pretty happy  1 purist is the one that matters right?

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

still updating here!  20  20  20

hoping you haven't thrown a curve ball Gkam haha

drheaton replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

still updating here!  20  20  20

hoping you haven't thrown a curve ball Gkam haha

Don't worry, Gkam isn't lying, you finished second overall by a good 20 points on third but 78 points behind 1st.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh right, I'm in the North East aswell, maybe I can see them because its me who's doing them.

rcorbin, you held onto second. The guy who was third dropped down and lost out on a prize  31

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Scores are done. Have been for 10 minutes  3

Stumps replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Scores are done. Have been for 10 minutes  3

Not according to my computer, it says "we are currently updating the game, please check back later".

However i'm in the north east so it may take some time to get to me from down south  40

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,6,10,15,19 with Rojas getting 3 for mountains and a +5 for Timmer.

Hopefully I've retained 2nd overall but not having El Fares my scupper me  2

Can't stand this wait  2

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,4,10. El Fares points and +5 for Timmer  4 Only 155 though, I think I might be up there though

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

1, 2, 3, 6, 10, 19

Pages

Latest Comments