Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour De France - Stage 6

So Another sprint day today!

Begin!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Starting to regret not getting greipel the other day.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Why is Greipel getting most combative a joke? There was no break and he won both the stage and the intermediate sprint. Who would you have given it to?

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Why is Greipel getting most combative a joke? There was no break and he won both the stage and the intermediate sprint. Who would you have given it to?

Agreed Dan! Its hardly the organiser's fault that no-one attacked all day. (Well, Mate did, but you can't give the combativity prize to someone called Mate, it just doesn't sound right...)

drheaton replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Agreed Dan! Its hardly the organiser's fault that no-one attacked all day. (Well, Mate did, but you can't give the combativity prize to someone called Mate, it just doesn't sound right...)

Mate didn't even manage to stay out in front until the TV coverage started so his was only a half-hearted effort.

Greipel faught for the intermediate points (he appears to be chasing the Green jersey) and the stage win. It was impressive and given the lack of action elsewhere thoroughly deserving of the most combative prize.

ray silvester replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

agreed....Henderson the only alternative.

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

Greipel with 64 points just fraped anybody who did not have him in their squad today. Also it's a joke giving him most combative. I am currently rethinking my strategy as regards sprinters and penalty transfers...

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

My stick strategy hasn't gone well at all!! oh well nevermind ay

STEVESPRO 79 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

My stick strategy hasn't gone well at all!! oh well nevermind ay

Same here, today was a nightmare for me...Knew that I had dropped a clanger when we did not get a breakaway...And then the expected crosswinds were more of a tailwind... Hurry up mountains, I need you...

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

hmmm no sagan/kittel has cost me today. dropped down 20 places but have 4 in the bag for tomorrow.

Struggling to work out if the sprinters will want one last pop at tomorrow?

currently have can,greipel,V Poppel, gerrans and Kwiat

hmmmm  39  39 decisions decisions!

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Far from awful day - 2,3,6 plus Gerrans and Kwia. Kicking myself a bit for not having the stones to pick Impey over Gerrans a couple of days ago but not that many points in it and he may well hand race lead over to someone else tomorrow. Not the lumpiest of MM stages but still think it'll take too much out of the pure sprinters to contest the finish.

I reckon OPQS will want their turn in yellow come Saturday...

Alan Tullett replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Far from awful day - 2,3,6 plus Gerrans and Kwia. Kicking myself a bit for not having the stones to pick Impey over Gerrans a couple of days ago but not that many points in it and he may well hand race lead over to someone else tomorrow. Not the lumpiest of MM stages but still think it'll take too much out of the pure sprinters to contest the finish.

EBH is even closer, only 3 secs back but Chava and Kwia might make a break for it I suppose but doubt if it'll succeed. Reduced bunch sprint probably but no time gaps. Not having Greipel today has really cost me, went for EBH as I thought he'd be better over the two stages but he'd have to win tomorrow with Greipel nowhere to make up on the points lost today and that is very unlikely.

No changes tonight but glad I brought in Kristoff and at least today Kittel and D van Poppel got some points as well. Could have been worse, could have been Cav, Greipel 1, 2.

ray silvester replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
Ghedebrav wrote:

EBH is even closer, only 3 secs back but Chava and Kwia might make a break for it I suppose but doubt if it'll succeed. Reduced bunch sprint probably but no time gaps. Not having Greipel today has really cost me, went for EBH as I thought he'd be better over the two stages but he'd have to win tomorrow with Greipel nowhere to make up on the points lost today and that is very unlikely.

No changes tonight but glad I brought in Kristoff and at least today Kittel and D van Poppel got some points as well. Could have been worse, could have been Cav, Greipel 1, 2.

A Greipel/Sagan one-two when I've got Cav and Kittel......damn

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,6 plus Gerrans - best day so far. Would've preferred a Cav win, but was the ideal result for my fantasy teams!

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pretty happy with that.

stevemarks replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Pretty happy with that.

extra 10 points for Greipel combativity.

livestrongnick replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Pretty happy with that.

extra 10 points for Greipel combativity.

oh nice bonus that gives me 172 Then  16

chrisdstripes replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

oh nice bonus that gives me 172 Then  16

Our teams only had 2 riders in common Nick but we may well have got precisely the same score. Close anyway. Happy Daze!

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

no Millar!

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

162 for me  4 much better day for me. Glad i choked and used my 2 transfers  16

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I make my tally 139 points and I'm pretty happy with that result. I'll drop more places but in the end it wasn't worth dropping Chava/Kwiatkowski for Cav so I made the right call (for once).

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

1.GREIPEL André
2.SAGAN Peter
3.KITTEL Marcel
4.CAVENDISH Mark
5.LOBATO DEL VALLE Juan José
6.KRISTOFF Alexander
7.ROJAS José Joaquin
8.VAN POPPEL Danny
9.FERRARI Roberto
10.DUMOULIN Samuel
11.LEMOINE Cyril
12.BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
13.IMPEY Daryl
14.FLECHA GIANNONI Juan Antonio
15.GOSS Matthew Harley
16.HENDERSON Gregory
17.EVANS Cadel
18.FROOME Christopher
19.PORTE Richie
20.BAUER Jack

Impey in yellow.

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

No-one dropped out of my purist or 3 Frenchmen yet, although Gallopin has been affected by his stage 1 crash I think. Got quite a few sprinters today but with an eye on tomorrow as well so no Cav or Greipel. Hope Purito is ok as I was going to pick him for Sat.

In 99th position but already 170 points behind the leader. In fact you have to be in the top 12 to be within 100 of that team and they have plenty of sprinters for today as well.

Cav taken a tumble but back in. Will it affect him?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Quote:

16:41

Belkin rider caught in a crash
There has been a crash in the peloton that has involved a Belkin rider and, apparently, Mark Cavendish.

Quote:

16:42

Cavendish riding again
It seems that Cavendish was caught up in the crash but we cannot confirm if he fell or not. He is, however, riding again.

Quote:

16:44

Cavendish did crash...
We now have images showing Cavendish pacing his way back to the peloton behind his team car. He has a torn jersey and dirt on his left shoulder.

0 likes

Not just purist's but a few of the pick 3 French rider's game will be suffering too!?  26

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bouhanni abandons, J-Rod crashes.

EDIT: Kessiakoff quits as well. Today will be hurting a few purist teams.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Siutsou took the cat 4 for 3 fantasy points......that should be it till 'sprint o clock' except to say that Quintana's had a minor fall and Bouhanni's being distanced by the 'gruppo compatto'.

0 likes

col de la Vayède (cat-4)

Kanstantsin Siutsou 3pts

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Results of the intermediate sprint

The intermediate sprint points for stage six have been won by:

1. Greipel (LTB) 15 fantasy pts

2. Cavendish (OPQ) 14pts

3. Kristoff (KAT) 13pts

4. Sagan (CAN) 12pts

5. Steegmans (OPQ) 11pts

6. Flecha (VCD) 10pts

7. Sabatini (CAN) 9pts

8. Kwiatkowski (OPQ) 8pts

9. Chavanel (OPQ) 7pts

10. D. Van Poppel (VCD) 6pts

11. Velits (OPQ) 5pts

12. Brookwalter (BMC) 4pts

13. Tuft (OGE) 3pts

14. Burghardt (BMC) 2pts

15. Lancaster (OGE) 1pt

0 likes

Ummmmm the stage has started and transfer window is still open?  26  13

0 likes

As much as i wanted to make transfers i've held back, hoping no crash or split in the peleton to mess with the sprint!?

These guys should score me a few points  39

Griepel (Kwia)
Kittel
D V Poppel (Simon)
Impey
JJ Rojas
EBH
Willems
Mederel
Ugalde

Edit: i've choked and made 2 changes....  31

Pages