Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Criterium du Dauphine Stage 4

Well as Im off out to play golf, then go to work, then play football, I thought id start this thread early.

So Ive taken a 10 point hit, but would like 5 riders in the top 10, with maybe Valverde and Chertnetsky in top 20. Plus should be in ok shape for tomorrow

Valverde
Martin
Kwiatkowski
Porte
Clement
Pinotti
Chertnetsky
Fonseca
Barhane

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

62 comments

d_jp | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not too bad today, but got my decision wrong on Chavanel or Kwiatowski so lost a few points there!  2

@drheaton - profile says HC summit finish tomorrow with one Cat 3 and two Cat 4s on the way (assuming I've read it right of course  1 ).

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Fair enough, I've really not bothered to look too hard at this race, enjoying just taking it a little easier and not getting so hung up on it, it's pretty fun  4

Might have to plump for a climber or two then. Shame as the day after is flat I think so it'll be GC guys in and then out again straight away.

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

13th overall, so close, 10 points off, the pressure to get my first high roller badge is unreal, so close and yet so far.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm hoping to get dual 'Tour top 10' badges again. My Purist team is 28th and consistently moving upwards, my standard team is 7th. Hopefully both can manage to get/stay in the top 10 come the end of the comp.

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Speaking of badges, I don't seem to have got my podium badge for today. Or don't you get them for ITTs?  20

fhoupg | 10 years ago
0 likes

One point for Froome's 5th place in green jersey competition is missing or am I wrong there?

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wow, you are sharp. I missed him out....oppps. Just updating now  3

fhoupg | 10 years ago
0 likes

One point can be decisive. I know this all too well as I won the overall purist competition in 2011 by just one point.  3

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

93 today, forgot to add on 5 points team bonus for Chava and my -30 in penalties. Still in the top 10 but dropped out of contention for the overall win I think.

Anyway, on to tomorrow, it's a medium mountain stage according to letour.fr so shouldn't be one for the mountain goats right...?

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,5,7 + GC points etc... works out well, think 185-30 transfers, so 155. happy with that, the 30 penalty points worth it today, starting to rescue a terrible start. tough choices for tomorrow though, main contenders so expensive....

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

As for tomorrow, I'm torn between Kwiatkowski, Voeckler and Rolland. With the HC finish, I can imagine an eye-rolling Tommy Vee solo win, and that'd be job done for him on the Dauphine.

Unless of course Contador remembers to eat his breakfast steak sandwich and blows everyone else away.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dennis in yellow by 5secs over Froome

Ghedebrav replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Dennis in yellow by 5secs over Froome

Henceforth to be referred to as 'The Gap of Rohan'.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,3,7,9,18. Not bad but not good enough.

I make it 118 for me today which I think will see me drop a few places.

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Woo-hoo, I've got Froome, Dennis, Martin, Castroviejo and Barta! Podium badge beckoning (shame everyone else will get one too). Couldn't quite fit in Kwiatkowski, unfortunately, but am happy with my picks - my first decent stage on this tour  1

However, don't know where to turn for tomorrow. His Froome-ness will stay but might have to either accept a rubbish stage and save some transfers, or take some penalty hits.  39

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Chava looks poor, picking him over Kwiatkowski has not worked out but Pinotti has been solid and Froome/Martin should still score well.

Annoyingly I'm going to have to make one more transfer than everyone else in order to swap Chava for Kwiatkowski.

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

G just gone through checkpoint 1 in 9th at +38"

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have G in for a podium here can't believe moone has mentioned him he is a very good time trialer.

Wanted Dennis and Castroviejo, I will suffer for not having them but have Kwiatowski who I fancy to do well.

Porte
Thomas
Kwiatowski
Barguil
Barta
Barguil
Berhane
V the Canadian might hold on for a few points in jersey comps.
Gallopin.

stevemarks replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

I have G in for a podium here can't believe moone has mentioned him he is a very good time trialer.

Wanted Dennis and Castroviejo, I will suffer for not having them but have Kwiatowski who I fancy to do well.

Porte
Thomas
Kwiatowski
Barguil
Barta
Barguil
Berhane
Gallopin.

Took Porte and Thomas over Froome and Dennis, may have been a mistake, although G has jersey points as well I think.

stevemarks replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Porte
Thomas
Kwiatowski
Barguil
Barta
Barguil
Berhane
Gallopin.

Took Porte and Thomas over Froome and Dennis, may have been a mistake, although G has jersey points as well I think.

Big mistake, kicking myself for that one.

Gkam84 replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Yeah, BIG mistake  3

Froome and Dennis together scored 79
Porte and Thomas only scored 38

So you lost out on an extra 41 points  3

stevemarks replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Yeah, BIG mistake  3

.....and half an hour of my life debating it with myself too!

Got to get a life......

26  26  26

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Yeah, BIG mistake  3

on the other hand I did have Froome and Dennis in my purist team.

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Yeah, BIG mistake  3

Turns out difference between 113th and 6th on the stage.

20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

And Dennis goes 2nd at the finish line. Kwiatkowski down into 4th.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Froome gone through 1st check point 24 secs down in 3rd, Bertie over a minute down and losing at least 40 secs so far on Froome  4

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

My team for today with no penalties which makes a nice change  4
Armindo Fonseca
Marco Pinotti
Christopher Froome
Richie Porte
Tony Martin
Michael Rogers
Michael Matthews
David Veilleux
Johnny Hoogerland

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

any without flash requirement? pc is dead and on the xbox  2

simon F replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

any without flash requirement? pc is dead and on the xbox  2

http://direct.francetv.fr/regions/evt/medit-nice-direct.wsx any good to you? It's in French I'm afraid but it's all I can find.

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

cheers dude!

Pages

Latest Comments