Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Dauphine Rider Roster

roadcc_admin wrote:

REMOVED Nairo Quintana from Movistar roster

No Quintana for the Dauphine?  2 I saw him on Cyclingfever, but he's not on ProCycling Stats... What info are you looking at?...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

26 comments

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Bump

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just a comment about race results at Cyclingnews. I think the following riders appear on the Dauphine game roster but (!) I don't see them on the CyclingNews race results page:

Nikias Arndt
Thor Hushovd
Yannick Eijssen

Then I check on ProCyclingStats and they're there!  39

VVV73 replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hey Enrique, Cycling news list cuts off short, use the official site LE Tour, Thor 164th, Yannick 171st and Arndt got last so 10 pts for fantasy Lucky you if u had him  1

enrique replied to VVV73 | 10 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

Hey Enrique, Cycling news list cuts off short, use the official site LE Tour, Thor 164th, Yannick 171st and Arndt got last so 10 pts for fantasy Lucky you if u had him  1

Thanks, VVV!  1

ray silvester replied to VVV73 | 10 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

Could your username be a premonition?

Veilleux,Viviani and which V for stage 3 I wonder?

enrique replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

... Could your username be a premonition?... Veilleux,Viviani and which V for stage 3 I wonder?

Damn! You may be on(!) to something!  1 Veilleux, Viviani and Ed[V ]ald!  1

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Out, he's not on the official provisional start list which was put up online at some point today I think.

I got an email first thing this morning with it and updated this afternoon  3

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is Malacarne in or out?... He's still showing on ProCyclingStats and Cyclingfever but is grayed out in the game roster...

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm neither a good guy or bad guy.

Its not that I dislike you, hell I don't even know you. I just find the constant new threads annoying sometimes. Especially when there was one open about the race that is discussing everything from rosters to values and all in between.

It wasn't bad to ask, and I guess from the replies that others have left, they feel I "snapped" at you. Which wasn't my intention, I just thought I'd be a bit more firm with my reply, because of the new threads all the time.

To try and clear up one thing, I tend not to use 3rd party sites like Pro stats or other websites. I do not know where their information comes from, but in general, a number of their start lists are wrong until an official one is released. I go straight to the horses mouth and get them from people inside the races and UCI. Sometimes the information I get is just the best they have at the time and it can be old data or wrong aswell. But its the best I have to work from.

As I said, it will need updated when a full and final start list is announced. Which, for any race that I've run these season, I get slightly ahead of Joe Public  3

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... Its not that I dislike you...

Ok, enough.. my eyes are starting to water... Now I know Quintana's not in and I can continue planning my worthless but inspired team!  1

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

I forgot there was a FC game over the last few days...

FMOAB | 10 years ago
0 likes

Am I the only one who thinks that fantasy cycling is tedious and detracts from the quality of this forum?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks enrique, I'm glad you've taken it the way you have and hope you keep enjoying the game going forwards. I didn't want to attack you and hopefully that came across.

Regarding others, all I can say is that this has been building up for some time and you've clearly gotten on the nerves of more than a few people. Reigning yourself in a little would certainly help when it comes to others responses to you. I don't think anyone approves of personal attacks and I hope that this can be put in the past and everyone move forward and enjoy the game.

Yes arsene has created a thread not much different from this one and it was viewed as being constructive by Gkam and others, this is a perfect example of how your actions in the past mean that people automatically react to your posts and threads differently than if they were from someone else. Hopefully that'll now change but it might take time. Just consider what you post before you post it and hopefully things will get better. On more than one occasion I've written something out then, rereading it, decided that it doesn't really add anything to a discussion or is just repeating what I've said previously.

What's most annoying from all this is that you actually come across as someone quite positive and enthusiastic about the game but that was lost among everything else. At the start of the year you made some solid suggestions to improve the game interface and these were implemented but you got a little carried away. Reign in the enthusiasm and maybe keep a list of suggestions until I start the 2014 suggestion thread some time in September and we'll be good  4

enrique replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Thanks enrique...

You're welcome... You had me at "Thanks..."...

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Yes arsene has created a thread not much different from this one and it was viewed as being constructive by Gkam and others, this is a perfect example of how your actions in the past mean that people automatically react to your posts and threads differently than if they were from someone else. Hopefully that'll now change but it might take time. Just consider what you post before you post it and hopefully things will get better. On more than one occasion I've written something out then, rereading it, decided that it doesn't really add anything to a discussion or is just repeating what I've said previously.

With regards to this, I think it was the fact Gkam had already explained his answer in the other thread for the dauphine, whereas with the TdS thread, there wasn't one previously. (not to say that creating this thread was right or wrong)

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

With regards to this, I think it was the fact Gkam had already explained his answer in the other thread for the dauphine, whereas with the TdS thread, there wasn't one previously. (not to say that creating this thread was right or wrong)

Yeah... What can I say?... I just wanted to know what start list he was looking at, really... I don't know... Is it that bad to ask?... Was it horrible to open up another thread? I don't know... It's irrelevant, I guess, but it got my curiosity going, so, I opened up this thread and wrote to ask because I really, really (!) wanted to know if Quintana was or wasn't on the roster 'cause I found conflicting reports on the start lists I was looking at (above)...

I'm not saying he's right, I'm wrong, I'm not trying to annoy him, or you... or anyone... I wish I could say what I want without upsetting anyone... But, my attitude is, if it matters to me, why not ask?... I'm curious about these things... I like stats etc... So why not ask what he was looking at?... He gave me an answer and it's his prerogative to answer whatever he wants, I mean, who am I to judge him?  3 He's got his temperament, I've got mine, I irritate people, he doesn't (!)  3

The truth is, as if you didn't know, I'm very compulsive and anal and obviously very irritating both here and with my family and friends  3 ... about pointing out details,etc...

But, hey (!), he cleared up my doubts about Jose Costa on NetApp (!)... Yeah, the guy's a good guy, I may not like him, he may not like me, but, so what?... I'll say this, it is true we're all nuts about this game and that's good enough for me!  1

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Three cheers for the good doctor.....Thank you for taking the time for saying exactly what I wanted to say...

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

...Thank you for taking the time for saying exactly what I wanted to say...

Look, the truth is I have to thank you, too, dr... I don't think anybody has been but honest how about how they feel about my behavior, maybe in rude ways, but they're saying things the way they feel. I can't fault them for that... But, I have to say you've been more careful with your words than others... I regret annoying people, but the truth is well I like to do things differently  1

For example, I opened up this thread to point out riders that are missing from the roster and didn't (!) want to distract from the thread STEVESPRO started, which I consider more about strategy and the value of riders on your team, stage profiles and predictions and so on... so, rather than 'pollute' that one with interspersed (?) comments about who's missing on the roster, I opened this one...  1 Was I wrong to? Maybe... Did I do it to piss Gkam off? No! But, I thought it was worthwhile...

Of course, I didn't like Gkam's emotional response, but he's a got a right to vent if he's annoyed at me!  1 But, did I do it to piss anyone off? No...

Now arsene opened up a thread called "Tour de Suisse Roster" and I'm all for it!  1 Now I know Tour de Suisse strategy won't be discussed there and I won't read it if what I want to do is talk strategy or team selection or stage profiles... if I were Premium that is (!)...

I'll think about what you wrote, dr, I know you put a lot of thought and energy into it and it reads like you put your mind into it making sense...

I will say this, I don't think I've ever "attacked" anyone here without first getting the feeling I was being treated "rudely" first... Call me sensitive!  1 or 'sweetheart' or 'cupcake' if you will, I won't mind...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Enrique, the way that you keep telling people to relax, calling them cupcake and sweetie and linking them to YouTube videos is incredibly patronising and getting quite offensive. Rather than trying to calm people down after you've pissed them off, why not try not annoying people in the first place.

Those running the game are putting large amounts of time into getting races and start lists updated. We known what we're doing and where to get the relevant information. Starting threads for every race telling us that the roster needs updating and linking us to the most obvious places to find that info isn't helpful.

Likewise creating multiple new threads for the same problems and trying to make your point by just repeating it over and over and over rather by having a good point or argument in the first place are counter productive. The fact is, after the way you've been acting on the forum over the past months I don't think anyone on here would be willing to take one of your suggestions at face value now and its likely you'd be ignored, just because of how you've acted.

As far as I'm concerned, I purposely don't read your posts or threads any more because for me they don't add anything useful to the game at this point and annoy the hell out of me. You have, over the past months, made this game less fun for me. Part of the fun has always been the forum banter but you've spoilt that for me and I now check the forum less often because I known when I look there'll be a handful of new threads from you complaining about the rolling forward of transfers and you'll also have posted multiple times to your old threads that everyone else has stopped reading.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Do you like to take the p*** out of the people that actually do the work to make the game possible?

There's banter and then there's taking it too far with the sarcasm etc

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

If you say so. I can't see any in the startlist, the rankings show EVERY rider (1621 of them) to me, with all the ones in this race, highlighted in yellow..... So I still see this

109 Levi Leipheimer - no trade team - 218

Think we'll have to look at Thread creating and quoting privileges on the forum.....Pretty sure there is a REVOKE access button  26

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... Think we'll have to look at Thread creating and quoting privileges on the forum...

Relax, sweetie... You can take it!  3 One breath at a time.... It's not that bad! Or is it?...  7

MartyMcCann replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Think we'll have to look at Thread creating and quoting privileges on the forum.....Pretty sure there is a REVOKE access button  26

Why not only let Premium players quote and start threads about Fantasy Cycling...  3 (only a joke by the way!)

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

WHAT is the problem?

Seriously, there is a thread for Dauphine already running.

I updated the start list and my sources are a trade secret.

If you had bothered to read my post in the Dauphine stage....

Gkam84 wrote:

I've just updated the start list, knock yourselves out picking a team....

P.S. There WILL be some changes before the race, because some riders are in the CONFIRMED start list of TdS  3

I only have a provisional list from Dauphine, but I have a confirmed list for TdS

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

WHAT is the problem?...

Relax, cupcake...  3 I just corrected my mistake, I went directly to the 'Rankings' page and didn't realize I was still looking at the Giro...

By the way, I'm wondering, does the game start list automatically feed the 'Rankings' page, so that the same information is supposed to be on both? Or are they separate pages that have to be updated independently? Thanks, sweetie!  3

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I updated the start list...

I'm sure you've seen it, but here's the provisional start list for the Dauphine... They're usually pretty good and reliable!  1

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/2013-criterium-du-dauphine-start-list

Latest Comments