Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro d'Italia - Tappa 11

Fancy Betancur to take the win after coming close twice. We'll see...!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

48 comments

captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yes! Navardauskas at last does something for my purist team.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Can someone in authority confirm if we get points for the final climb. According to a ticker i was watching Navwhatshisname got 9 points and Pirazzi got 3 ?

Does this count in our game ?

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Good for me, 3 and 6 plus extras, and 6 free transfers for tomorrow. (will prob use 4). No Kom pts for summit finishes in this game stumps.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

How come Veuchelen only got 7 points? shouldn't he get some for sprint 1?

Stumps replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Good for me, 3 and 6 plus extras, and 6 free transfers for tomorrow. (will prob use 4). No Kom pts for summit finishes in this game stumps.

Cheers mate, wasn't sure.

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Di Luca has got to be getting frustrated with people coming past him in the last 100m, I know i am!

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Does he not get anything for the final climb, its listed as a cat 2 so some canny points up for grabs

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sprint 2
1 Gretsch
2 Cobo
3 Popovych
4 Puccio
5 Di Luca
6 Sarmiento

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

33k to go and the gap is 5.45 mins, looks like this one might stay away.

Pirazzi for the stage  4

drheaton replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

33k to go and the gap is 5.45 mins, looks like this one might stay away.

Pirazzi for the stage  4

Nah, Pirazzi is totally focused on the mountains jersey, I reckon he'll have eased off as soon as they crested the first climb.

0 likes

Sprint 1
1 Gretsch
2 Veukelen
3 Navardauskas
4 Petrov
5 Puccio
6 Le Bon

0 likes

M1
4 Sarmiento
5 Pouwels

0 likes

M1
1 Rodriguez
2 Pirazzi
3 Bonnaford

0 likes

Georges (AG2R0 DNS today due to a positive test for Heptaminol 10/5/13

ray silvester replied to Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

Are we removing Georges' points scored in the Giro as we did with Frank Schleck in LeTour last season?

drheaton replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
Philip Unwin wrote:

Are we removing Georges' points scored in the Giro as we did with Frank Schleck in LeTour last season?

Tis' a valid question but he hasn't been booted out, he withdrew ahead of his B sample being tested.

Has he scored any points?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Di Luca and Pirazzi in the break for me, that's good because they're in my standard team but bad because they're in Billy's damn purist team  14

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm starting to develop an irrational hatred of Rabottini for all the time I've wasted with him in my team. At least he might get 5 points today.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

No changes today....want 4 freebies for the sprint tomoorrow and friday

Gesink
Visconti
Wiggins
Kelderman
Sella
Chalapud
Betancur
Pirazzi
Majka

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

First break is

Navardauskas, Bonnafond, Jackson Rodríguez, Cobo, Pirazzi, Martens, Oss, Duque, Sarmiento, Egoi Martínez, Le Bon, Gusev, Pauwels, Keukeleire, Popovych, Puccio, Gretsch, Petrov, Veuchelen, Di Luca. They have a 4' gap with 100km to go

0 likes

17 riders have opened up a gap of 3.35

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

In case you were expecting Uran to take over the leadership from now on I don't think it'll happen just yet, this is a quote from him:

Quote:

"Henao and I are here working for the team. We've already shown that we are men who are willing to work for the team," said Uran, whose contract with Sky expires at the end of the season. "We are not Froome, so we'll just see what happens day by day. We knew our roles from the start of the race."

0 likes

All together at 80k

0 likes

Over 60k gone, no break. Peleton going too fast.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well Nibali was never my favourite for the 2012 TdF...I hope you are all right and Nibali fails miserably...Ive personally never liked him, but I say what I see...He will win the 2013 Giro barring accident or illness.. We shall see...  3

Stumps replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Well Nibali was never my favourite for the 2012 TdF...I hope you are all right and Nibali fails miserably...Ive personally never liked him, but I say what I see...He will win the 2013 Giro barring accident or illness.. We shall see...  3

If i was a betting man i would take you on at that !

I like Nibali but just got this gut feeling he might come a cropper. There are to many riders for different teams who are there or thereabouts for his team and himself to control.

Personally if Wiggins doesn't win, which i dont think he will, i would like to see a Sky lad win followed by Nibs. However my money is on Santambrogio.

0 likes

40k covered and no breaks

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm chasing the break today;

Pirazzi
Rabottini
Chalapud
Weening

Evans
Nibali
Betancur
Santambrogio
Gavazzi

0 likes

DNS
Georges (AG2R)

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I agree that Nibali has far from got this race wrapped up. If Scarponi, Santambrogio, Gesink, Betancur, Pozzovivo & Uran all start attacking in the last week (after Astana have been leading the peloton for a full week) then I think Astana won't be able to handle it and I think someone will make up huge time on Nibali.

I also think Sky will focus days that suit Wiggins more and look to blow Astana apart on those days giving both Wiggins and Uran a chance to capitalise.

Pages

Latest Comments