Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Achievements - Understanding

Can someone explain to me how these achievements work for premium members...
So I had Westra in my team for the Tour of California, and he won the first stage, but i didn't get an achievement, should i not have gained the following?

Stage Podium
Podium placing on any game stage

I thought the achievements were quite obvious what they would be awarded for, but now I'm confused. Should they appear straight away?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

How about a badge for a 'Perfect Score', where your 9 riders came in 1-9? I wonder if anyone's ever gotten that?  39

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

How about an Enrique badge , if you finish a stage with minus points you win it
It has a big whiney face on it ......

19  19  19

livestrongnick replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

19  19  19

LIKE  19  24

enrique replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

19  19  19

4 Ha ha ha ha ha! Good one! Too (!) good to ignore!  3  39 Hmmm..... How about a chiv badge, which I stick up your ass?...  4 Ha ha ha ha ha!  39 Hmmm... Well, maybe I shouldn't be that rude to you... I mean you might be a real person with real feelings and not just a stranger on the forum and take offense to that.... Nah! Who are we kidding?  1 We're just joking here, aren't we? Well, anyways, maybe I shouldn't use that language here in the forum...  4 Sorry!  39

Actually that was a pretty good joke...  3 No offense taken!... I mean , I do (!) whine a lot, but I think it's unfair to portray me as a whiner, I also have a humanitarian side to me and I contribute to society in many ways and I've learned to speak English pretty well... and... I... ummm... well... Ok  1 I authorize my name and likeness to be used for the award... It can be a representation of a horse's ass.. Aw, crap... Sorry again!  3 All's fair in love and war... and in the forum!  1 I'll be happy to sponsor that award... Will I get a Free Premium Account so I can display that badge when I earn it?  3 Or do I have to pay for that, too?  2

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

How about highest jump in the overall placings - in the running competition and/or the overall competition - in one day? Or maybe after (!) a competition has ended?

How about a badge because you placed on the podium of the overall of a Grand Tour? Or a competition? So you can include the Classics?  1

letsgoup | 10 years ago
0 likes

Are the coggs clever enough to work out who won the most badges in the Giro.  7

Perhaps a prize or recognition or a badge  21 for the winner of most badges in a competition?

Can you tell I'm boared as there is no racing today  105

d_jp | 10 years ago
0 likes

Idea for another badge if you're still looking...how about a badge for scoring 100 or over for all stages on a multi-stage event...?

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

How about best points to value ratio award? Divide the total points scored by a team on any given day by the value of their team budget? Whoever got the most points per budget value wins?...  39

How about highest scoring team that did not incur penalty transfers?...  37

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bargain Hunter's a good 'un.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

How about these:

'Manx Missile' - pick the stage winner on five stages of a single race
'Cannibal' - pick the winner of eight stages in a single race
'Value for money'/'Bargain hunter' - win a stage with a rider costing 10/5 credits or less
'Most combative' - pick the most combative rider on a stage
'All rounder' - pick the winner of a flat stage, medium mountain, high mountain, summit finish and ITT in a single race

I still think some purist badges would a great addition, especially one for picking a team that all make it to the finish of a grand tour.

Mikeh789 replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

How about these:

'Value for money'/'Bargain hunter' - win a stage with a rider costing 10/5 credits or less
'All rounder' - pick the winner of a flat stage, medium mountain, high mountain, summit finish and ITT in a single race

I still think some purist badges would a great addition, especially one for picking a team that all make it to the finish of a grand tour.

Would the 'Bargain Hunter' badge be called the Aldi/Lidl badge...

ray silvester replied to Mikeh789 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Mikeh789 wrote:
drheaton wrote:

How about these:

Would the 'Bargain Hunter' badge be called the Aldi/Lidl badge...

Or the David Dickinson award....definitely needs to be mahogany coloured!!

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Like the HM and MM badges plus the bookends and young riders / King of the Mountains / Points. TT is an option but not difficult to get.

How about last in a comp badge - you must score some points to qualify, bit daft but different

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

What about badges for the MM and HM stages? That way you have all the types of stage

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Agree on the Purist-only badge, especially 'Forward Planning'.

I like the TT one, and the 'Bookends' one is good too - pleasingly difficult/random to achieve. As for TdF-specific one, how about some kind of 'Hor-Hee-Hor, Croque Monsieurs Pour Tout le Monde' badge for picking a winning French rider?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I was thinking badges for poor performances. Something like a badge for getting 0 points with riders who are actually in the race. Easy to manage but not if you are actually trying in the race.

Along the same lines, maybe a badge for having the most number of people abandon from your team in one stage? Either that or one for having 3+ people abandon.

Then some purist specific badges, one for managing to get a full team through to the finish of a grand tour (called 'forward planning'?), one for getting no riders through to the finish (or less than a fixed number, called 'chute master'?) of a grand tour and things like that.

Given that the badges are for premium members who all have purist teams on their account it might be worth looking at some purist only badges.

letsgoup | 10 years ago
0 likes

Do you have a box of lollypops in the store cupboard. Could send one out each time someone gets a badge. I only suggest this as you all clearly have too much time on your hands  30

Seriously what about a badge for biggest defference in highest position and lowest position on stages of a grand tour. Eveyone seems to be complaining of inconsistency lately. eg win one stage then come 1000's on another. On a similar theme to the bookends thing  39 Quite easy to play for though I guess.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

How about WORST transfers for the next stage badge, I would be ruling that.....

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Maybe a TT winners badge to go along with the sprinters badge and mountains badge, as the Dr says, as for it being too easy to predict, there aren't all that many TT's throughout the season, so getting it right all the time may not happen, especially during the middle of a tour etc, or if you have Wiggins, Martin, Cancellera etc all to choose from for the stage

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dunno, just went a little badge crazy...  13

Just thinking about what's scored, you could always do a 'playing it safe' badge for if a team scores a certain number of points just from jerseys or if they score some points from all the jersey standings (youth, GC, points, KoM).

Also, most combative. A badge for picking the most combative rider on a stage should be a good one and easy to implement.

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

a badge for getting all the badges?  39

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps a TT stage prize although that might be too easy to predict?

How about a 220+ points badge? 180 is fairly easy to get in the mountains, a higher badge would be more difficult to get.

What about a single rider score prize? Picking a rider who scores 60+ points or maybe set the bar even higher? Set it high so you can only get it from picking a breakaway rider. 60 may do it as it'd be higher than the maximum for a first stage sprint win (35 + 10 GC + 5 PC).

Then a badges badge  4

0 likes

does anyone have any particular badges they'd like?

probably do six more cause that's neat. clearly we're going to need some more total score ones.

other things that have been mooted:

bookends: picking first *and* last on any stage

jersey comps: mountains and sprint. separate leagues for these, with intermediate KOM point and summit finish points counting for the mountains one, and intermediate sprints and flat stage finishes counting for the sprint one. badge would be for a podium placing in one of the leagues.

0 likes

there will be some more badges coming online for the TdF, by the way  4

0 likes

i can see i'm going to have to go and do the little number things from 50-100 some time soon  1

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Don't even want to see Wig_Billy's little lot!!

drheaton replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

This is Billy:

Alan Tullett replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

No, nor do I. I don't play purist much though, so my haul isn't too bad considering.

Can't be bothered to grab a screenshot but the numbers are

3 2 10 6 6 5
6 28 9 2k 5k

0 likes

FIVE tour top tens? FFS.

drheaton replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

FIVE tour top tens? FFS.

That's the benefit of doing the scores  4

Managed 7th place in the Algrave, Paris-Nice and Catalunya and 9th in Romandie on my standard team plus 6th purist for Pais Vasco.

Pages

Latest Comments