Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Short sleeved jersey recommendation?

This item is about the only thing I need for the summer ahead (I've jinxed it now huh?). Does anyone have a recommendation for a jersey which doesn't cost the earth?

Please note, anyone suggesting I get myself down to Aldi will be blocked from this thread....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

MT63 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have to agree about the Torm jerseys. Well made at a very reasonable price.

sparrow | 10 years ago
0 likes

I can't recommend Torm highly enough, it's well made merino at a fraction of the price of other manufacturers. I wear mine the whole year round, if you layer up/down it is useful in cold weather, on it's own it serves well as a summer jersey.

Tom Amos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Chapeau gear looks nice. Thanks for the tip!

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

I went to the SPIN London show on saturday and pootled about, being slightly underwhelmed by lots of things there, but there were two standouts for clothing.
Miltag's jerseys are bonkers and fun and really good quality to boot.
But the company I'd not really looked at properly before who I chewed the ear off for far too long were Chapeau. All their racey stuff really impressed me, and I bought one of their amazing jerseys. It's form fitted, but unlike most race jerseys it has decent pockets and a zip phone pocket too. Really, really impressed, and it was £70. Considering I was giving proper thought to getting a form fitted jersey from Rapha for £140, I feel pretty chuffed.
Wish I could have it in not black, but apparently they'll be doing lighter colours next year.
Anyway, new favourite brand.

netclectic | 10 years ago
0 likes

Also check out the new Howies range, haven't tried them myself but they've been getting some good reviews - http://www.howies.co.uk/mens/features/cycle.html

SPAM Naval | 10 years ago
0 likes

new kids on the block Tenn worth checking out. havn't tried them myself but stuff looks good at a very reasonable price

crash144019 | 10 years ago
0 likes

DHB and Funkier offer decent quality at a reasonable price. Always worth checking CRC sales section pick up some top quality kit at bargain prices there

Colin Peyresourde | 10 years ago
0 likes

I bought my brother the Castelli Climbers jersey. Very light weight. Perfect for boiling hot weather (ideal for continental hot weather). I have the Fuga and that hits the nail on the head - though if you time your purchase right you can get one for £70 odd quid.

Tom Amos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the excellent suggestions. Really appreciate it. I'm after a summer cool weather jacket next!

Cycle_Jim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Got my self a DHB (section I think it was called) about £25 I think, the slightly pricier £40 one is a bit of a nicer fit and look if you can stretch that far.
I think castelli and mavic is probably stretching the budget...

ricolek | 10 years ago
0 likes

Mavic Espoir? Torm if you want to go merino.

TheHound | 10 years ago
0 likes

How much is the Earth?

I'm a Castelli fanboy so either Gabba (£150), Fuga (£90) or Velocissimo (£70).

Velodan68 | 10 years ago
0 likes

For a budget jersey I can recommend this one.

http://www.altura.eu/products/men/short-sleeve-jerseys/classic-race-shor...

Personally, I prefer more premium gear but I have one of these and it is actually pretty good quality for the price.

Latest Comments