Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Campagnolo group sets

Hi - I've recently bought a late 90's SAB steel road frame which is beautiful! I want to build it up slowly as a project. Other than ebay does any one have any suggestions for getting hold of Campagnolo group sets? I suspect this is a mission impossible but any hints most welcome

Tom

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

get the current veloce groupset, i runn the silver version on a ribble 525 steel(see gallery) cheap and works amazingly and is retro enough looking to fit in nicely. cheapest place is shineybikes but i got mine on ebay by buying the bits individually and saved about £30 further on top

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
therevokid | 11 years ago
0 likes

what you want is a modern day Athena gruppo in
polished alloy  1
Classic looks with modern build.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was in the LBS last night and the staff were prepping some retro Raleigh bikes for a vintage-themed sportive. They had old-school Team Raleighs in red with new silver-finished Campag Veloce. Looked really good.

Tom Amos | 11 years ago
0 likes

Buy a Canyon Ultimate AL in their Outlet shop, strip the groupset off it and sell off the parts.

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

You're after a vintage group? I'd put a classy looking modern group on it... maybe not one from the last few years, they're looking more and more spaceage.

Try bikeradar classifieds, retrobike forums, or lfgss.com.

Latest Comments