Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta - Stage 12

Fairly boring stage today until the last few km's with a short sharp cat 3 to finish. Looks like a day tailor-made for Rodriguez to gain another few seconds on the likes of Froome and Contador. Can anyone beat him, and does anyone not have Rodriguez in their team?

Mine is:
Contador
Rodriguez (in for Martin)
Froome
Viviani
Talansky
Meersman (in for Castroviejo, more for tomorrow than today)
Marczynski
Quintana
Bouhanni

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

21 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

God damn. I took Henao out for Ten Dam and Verdugo to fit in the 3 top guys  19

At least Astarloza got 1st and 2nd in the two points

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Crap, no Talansky, no Marczynski, no Quintana, think I've only got Contador, Rodriguez and Froome in the top 20! Time for some changes I think, might even chop Froome for the big mountains.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

17 168 TEN DAM, Laurens RAB + 44''
18 171 MONFORT, Maxime RNT + 47''
19 111 CUNEGO, Damiano LAM + 52''
20 112 ANACONA, Winner LAM + 52''

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

GC :-
1 101 RODRIGUEZ, Joaquin KAT 44h 50' 35''
2 201 CONTADOR, Alberto STB + 13''
3 181 FROOME, Christopher SKY + 51''
4 9 VALVERDE, Alejandro MOV + 1' 20''
5 161 GESINK, Robert RAB + 2' 59''
6 107 MORENO, Daniel KAT + 3' 29''
7 19 ROCHE, Nicolas ALM + 4' 22''
8 168 TEN DAM, Laurens RAB + 5' 18''
9 71 ANTON, Igor EUS + 6' 08''
10 121 CAPECCHI, Eros LIQ + 6' 47''

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 101 RODRIGUEZ, Joaquin KAT 4h 24' 32''
2 201 CONTADOR, Alberto STB + 8''
3 9 VALVERDE, Alejandro MOV + 13''
4 161 GESINK, Robert RAB + 20''
5 181 FROOME, Christopher SKY + 23''
6 107 MORENO, Daniel KAT + 23''
7 71 ANTON, Igor EUS + 27''
8 19 ROCHE, Nicolas ALM + 31''
9 117 NIEMIEC, Przemyslaw LAM + 33''
10 79 VERDUGO, Gorka EUS + 36''
11 183 HENAO, Sergio Luis SKY + 36''
12 17 NOCENTINI, Rinaldo ALM + 36''
13 38 TIRALONGO, Paolo AST + 39''
14 121 CAPECCHI, Eros LIQ + 39''
15 4 INTXAUSTI, Beñat MOV + 43''
16 168 TEN DAM, Laurens RAB + 44''

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm doubtful that Froome can win overall. As much as i'd like him to.

Sky fecked him up and pissed him about. He was the MOST worked guy in the TdF. He did more than even Wiggo.

Then Sky say, you can lead our Vuelta team....If he doesn't win, It was be another year of being a domestic to Wiggo  14

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aye, while I want Froome to win as a Brit I'm also happy that Sky aren't having things all their own way. I like the team but I don't want to see one team become dominant, it's much more exciting if there are riders and teams around who can put Sky under pressure and rattle them a bit.

Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bad news for Froome in the mountains, that.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh dear, that's not good for Froome, although I'm hoping for 10 points from Bouhanni today  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bouhanni down in a crash and Zandio off in the back of an ambulance after not being allowed to get back on his bike

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gap under 5 mins with 50k left. Shame.

Astarloza won the first sprint tho...

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod (for Froome)
Contador
Valverde (for Gesink)
Viviani
Meersman
Talansky
Marczynski
Kreder
Bouhanni

I tried to convince myself to pick Dani Moreno instead of Valverde, but it was never going to happen.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Finally Euski hit the break

As everyone knows. I always have one of their riders. Sometimes on this tour i'd had 2. But after switching with Verdugo, Landa and Astarloza. I finally have him in the break  4

0 likes

The break is Astarloza, Moinard, Cam Meyer and De Weert.

Go Astarloza! Ride like the wind! (I picked him in the TdF and he crashed out 3 days later, so I feel like he owes me...)  4

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm also J-Rodless but have someone(Astarloza) in the break for the first time this Vuelta(not many points available today though...sprint bonuses only).

Roche
Froome
Contador
DeGendt
Bodnar
Clarke
Talansky
Terpstra
Astarloza

chrisdstripes replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I'm also J-Rodless but have someone(Astarloza) in the break for the first time this Vuelta(not many points available today though...sprint bonuses only).

That's assuming the break gets caught...

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

somehow i couldnt affprd rodriguez so just went for valverde

Valverde
Contador
Froome
Viviani

Anacona
Marczynski
Meersman
Bouhanni
Talansky

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

I read somewhere that it's a bit more than a sprint finish with it being so steep that perhaps more than 1 rider may opt to walk up it!!  13

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Mines very similar except

DeLaFuente instead of Quintana
Cesar instead of Meersman

I have 3 transfers for tomorrow though.

0 likes

I've not played the game very well for the past few days at all! Loads of wrong picks - some in retrospect were fairly stupid. But anyway - lets see how today goes, write off tomorrow and then try to catch some breaks in the mountains - thats always fun.

Froome, Rodriguez, Valverde, De Gendt
Machado, Talansky, Astarloza, Sarmiento, Bouhanni

Break could stay away today unless Katusha don't want it to. If I was in any other team I'd say there's no point chasing down the break as Rodriguez will probably win the stage if you do. Does that sound logical?

drheaton replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Break could stay away today unless Katusha don't want it to. If I was in any other team I'd say there's no point chasing down the break as Rodriguez will probably win the stage if you do. Does that sound logical?

Makes sense, no point in Sky or Saxo chasing down a break just to give J-Rod some bonus seconds.

BMC may want to chase for Gilbert, and anyone else with one eye on a stage win (AG2R, Liquigas, Movistar maybe), Katusha may also try to chase and with a flat stage tomorrow they could put more effort in today than they might otherwise. Also, Valverde may have a punt too so expect to see Movistar on the front.

I can see it going either way, either the break will have just enough of a gap at the start of what is really a fairly short climb to stay away or the break is pulled back and the teams treat it as an uphill sprint finish similar to Sunday.

Latest Comments