Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

White Jersey

Does anyone know the whereabouts of a list of Young Riders in the Tour - I don't have all 180 riders in my Birthday Book!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

robinrobin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just found a run down of white jersey runner and riders - well, just riders actually, plus a form guide on five of the favourites. http://www.podiumcafe.com/2012/6/27/3117957/le-tour-2012-white-jersey-pr...

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't discount EBH keeping it for a while, he's just as good, if not better, than TJ at TT. His climbing is not good compared to some but it's surprising what wearing a classification jersey does for you - look at Voeckler last year.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

The stage 9 time trial should then see Van Garderen take over till the end(he should be finishing with Evans most days....think Rolland with TiVo lat year) unless Taaramae gets a good breakaway win somewhere along the line.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hard to see past EBH and Sagan for the first 7 days then the crucial stage 7 may see Pinot looking to come to the fore as he races through his hometown(His dad's the mayor after all!!).
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pinot-ready-to-test-himself-at-tour-de-f...

Simon_MacMichael replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

...the crucial stage 7 may see Pinot looking to come to the fore as he races through his hometown(His dad's the mayor after all!!).

His old man presumably being known as Pinot Gris...?

(I know. I'll get my impermeable)

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

here you go

Anthony Delaplace (Saur - Sojasun) 1989-08-11
Anthony Roux (FDJ - Bigmat) 1987-04-18
Arthur Vichot (FDJ - Bigmat) 1988-11-26
Cyril Gautier (Europcar) 1987-09-26
Daniel Oss (Liquigas - Cannondale) 1987-01-13
Domenique Nerz (Liquigas-Cannondale) 1989-08-25
Edvald Boasson Hagen (Sky Procycling) 1987-05-17
Gorka Izagirre Insausti (Euskaltel - Euskadi) 1987-10-07
Kris Boeckmans (Vacansoleil - Dcm Pro Cycling Team 1987-02-13
Marcel Kittel (Argos-Shimano) 1988-05-11
Nicolas Edet (Cofidis - Le Credit En Ligne) 1987-12-02
Patrick Gretsch (Argos-Shimano) 1987-04-07
Peter Sagan (Liquigas - Cannondale) 1990-01-26
Rafael Valls Ferri (Vacansoleil - Dcm Pro Cycling Team 1987-06-27
Rein Taaramäe (Cofidis - Le Credit En Ligne) 1987-04-24
Romain Zingle (Cofidis - Le Credit En Ligne) 1987-01-29
Steven Kruijswijk (Rabobank Cycling Team) 1987-06-07
Tejay Van Garderen (BMC Racing Team) 1988-08-12
Thibaut Pinot (FDJ - Bigmat) 1990-05-29
Tony Gallopin (Radioshack - Nissan) 1988-05-24
Wout Poels (Vacansoleil - Dcm Pro Cycling Team) 1987-10-01

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

There are a couple of betting websites offering odds on the best young rider, so that gives you some ideas but only for overall, as opposed to who might be wearing it for the first week. Kruiswijk and Poels seem to be well-fancied for the overall, and Sagan will presumably be up there for the first week or so...

Skibish | 11 years ago
0 likes

Will post here as it is related - Dave are you aware that when you click in Rein Taaramae he is listed as being 30 years old?

I believe that riders have to have been born after the 1st Jan 1987 to qualify - which counts Rolland out this year.

dave atkinson replied to Skibish | 11 years ago
0 likes
Skibish wrote:

Will post here as it is related - Dave are you aware that when you click in Rein Taaramae he is listed as being 30 years old?

I believe that riders have to have been born after the 1st Jan 1987 to qualify - which counts Rolland out this year.

no, i wasn't aware of that. i'll check it out...

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

not sure (unsure on age cut off too)

but here is all you need to know as far as im concerned....Rolland, Taaramae, Pinot, van gardaren

Latest Comments