Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Video/Cycling advice

Ok, back in the day i used to be a whizz with video editing and Photoshop, then i turned my hand to program development and kinda lost touch of that side of things

Recently i won a Contour Roam HD camera, so the other week i was out trying it on the bike, I just wondered if anyone else films while out on the bike, whether for commuting or just fun?

What software do you use to edit the video's?

I've sitting with 9gb's of movie files that total around 40 minutes of video, I'm going to cut out some sections, but i wasn't speeding along because i was just trying out the camera, I was doing an average of 15mph, so looking to speed it up a bit, most likely x2 that way i can cut it down to under 15 minutes, which i think it my limit on youtube at the moment.

Any advice?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Funny enough Debush, i've been using it tonight, i don't always "pay" for my software

My problem is now, 9gb linked together and started to render 44mins through Sony Vegas came out with 4mins of video that was 51gb  13 so now looking for settings and things to sort it out a bit  39

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Raleigh, that one of yours?

I have something called Serif MoviePlus X6, which also works in HD, but imovie is part of the ilife suite for apple's  31

Debush, WMM is ok for short clips and none HD, but these days it doesn't keep up with technology and runs under the "windows live" banner along with messenger (MSN) and things like that, which i cannot for the life of me stand

I only use windows for certain things, i'm a linux and chromium user, Never touch anything Apple either

Debush replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Gkam84. I had a wee look at some others out there and the Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 gets good reviews - I haven't tried it and it won't work on your beloved linux. Its half the price of the Serif MoviePlus X6. Might try it and will let you know how i get on. Cheers

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes
Debush | 12 years ago
0 likes

I just use Windows Movie Maker. It's not the most sophisticated product but you can edit videos pretty easily and quickly. Plus it's free! I'm sure there are better products out there that you can pay for but give it a whirl and see how you get on.

Latest Comments