Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Oman. Stage 2

That's me sorted. No Cav, as not prepared to take penalty points. If there's a bunch sprint I'm stuffed  2

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

58 comments

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

i as a purist have

1 Sagan
3 Slagter
4 Gallopin
6 Bouhanni

155 today
163 yesterday

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

59 points, shocking.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

28th overall today. Happy face.

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Damn you Cooke! I stuck with him for all of Qatar and he got me Bo Didley! Cheers muchly  20  14

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

124pts today. not bad. but my transfers in scored zilch.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

949= today with a grand total of 46 points (insert a noose smiley here)  20

0 likes

shudda been 13th today in the stage table, if i had brought in bouhanni as i wanted to.  20  20  20

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Glad you agree fico!

Thing that really pisses me off is I had Gallopin for 4 stages in Qatar and he did bugger all! Now he's high up twice!! Damn!!

Glad I brought in Bouhanni though. My FDJ rider was Bonnet but he has done bugger all so far but I'll keep him for tomorrow. He probably just needs a couple of stages to get going.

It's all good practice for the real thing though! Going for a short ride now and then watch the Volta.

0 likes

Time to start saving transfers, ready for the hills. . . and i will defo get rid of cav then . . .  32  32  32

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah Cav for 2moro then bye bye

0 likes

i had to use 1 to get shot of sohrabi  1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thats all i did and my score was a big fat FAIL, much like John Talen  3

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Its not the cycling coverage fluffy, its Eurosport, they NEVER stick to schedule, even for live events, if something is over running, thats it

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

Maybe we should blitz the ITV, Eurosport, Sky Programmers & the Tourist Board for better coverage.
I'm sure all the voices here on this forum MAY have some effect.
Whilst not having been to most of the countries on the Tours, it certainly does them credit as a showcase as to how the countries have developed their tourism

I think i'll write to the Times now  37

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

I hate this game. Took Sagan out for Kittel Blah, falling like a stone.

0 likes

If you go to the steephilltv site they have links to various sites that are showing it. The first link to channel 9 of sports-livez is the best. It's in Portuguese mind you.

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Going to keep everyone the same and go for 3rd time lucky. Will have 4 transfers for stage 4 and see what happens then.

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh sod it and buggeration really not working out for me at all. At least it's downhill tomorrow. Maybe that will help.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

it just gets worse for me, ive droped like a stone, can we cancel the ToO and put me back up to 4th in the overall and we will start again in march

0 likes

got all the results bar the combativity award. dunno why we have to wait for that  39

0 likes

i meant to pick bouhanni and picked lemair by mistake....any chance of a retrospective transfer do you think?
 31  31  31  31

Gkam84 replied to JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

i meant to pick bouhanni and picked lemair by mistake....any chance of a retrospective transfer do you think?
 31  31  31  31

Snap  20 I was split between the two for my switch of Sohrabi and ended up going with Lemair

I doubt i'm going to get above 80 today

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top 10 GC

1. SAGAN
2. GREIPEL + 00' 04"
3. COOKE + 00' 07"
4. SLAGTER + 00' 09"
5. BOUHANNI + 00' 10"
6. GALLOPIN + 00' 10"
7. SUTTON + 00' 10"
8. FUGLSANG + 00' 13"
9. NAVARDAUSKAS + 00' 13"
10. CANCELLARA + 00' 17"

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

1. SAGAN
2. COOKE
3. SLAGTER
4. GALLOPIN
5. NAVARDAUSKAS
6. BOUHANNI
7. SUTTON
8. FUGLSANG
9. CANCELLARA
10. GREIPEL
11. LEBAS
12. RODRIGUEZ
13. NIBALI
14. VELITS
15. CASAR
16. KUCHYNSKI
17. VAN WINDEN
18. JEANNESSON
19. GUSEV
20. SCHÄR

Thats your top 20 stage

0 likes

STAGE STANDING BY POINTS

1.SAGAN P.
LIQ
3h 10' 44"
2.COOKE B.
GEC
00' 00"
3.SLAGTER T.
RAB
00' 00"
4.GALLOPIN T.
RNT
00' 00"
5.NAVARDAUSKAS R.
GRM
00' 00"
6.BOUHANNI N.
FDJ
00' 00"
7.SUTTON C.
SKY
00' 00"
8.FUGLSANG J.
RNT
00' 00"
9.CANCELLARA F.
RNT
00' 04"
10.GREIPEL A.
LTB
00' 04"

nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes

not that bag according to the LottoBelisol team facebook page Greipel hung in there until 300m to go and finished about 10th.

It is hard relying on twitter and facebook for race results, race commentary or colour yes, results not

I did drop Cav today, replaced him with Farrar who I expect to make that little climb at the finish, unlike others. Still waiting to find out if I picked good

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

André Greipel was at the front of the pack, but with 300m to go, he couldn’t hold on any more. He finished approximately 10th

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Are we getting young rider for this tour? If thats the case, Galimzyanov should have scored more  39

nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes

Looks like I score 55 points
Sagan 1st on stage 35 & leads GC +10 & leads points +5 & young rider +5 don't know where my other 8 riders finished. At least no Cav or Kittel in my 9 today, both finished at least 1 minute down from what I have3 heard

0 likes

Info on this race has been poor. Stage 2 profile was wrong for a long time (I even emailed ASO about it) and I didn't see the real one until later this morning, although Sky thought the ramps wouldn't be too much for them, shows what they know! Had Oss at least. Going to be a low score today.

Tomorrow is downhill, so will still keep Cav in as he's got to do something eventually and I'd rather keep the transfers for stage 4 and 5.

If we have Feb races next year can we have the Volta ao Algarve, please!!!!! Looks like a much more interesting race and we can see how Wiggins is doing. Looks like all the strong Sky riders are in that team and Cav has got the dregs!

Pages

Latest Comments