Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Things banned from Olympic park for London World Cup

Reading through a list of things I won't be allowed to take into the Olympic Park for the World Cup at the velodrome next weekend, a couple of things caught my eye:

Bicycles (including folding types) - so if you cycle there you'll have to leave your bike outside Stratford Station - no idea how much parking there is there.

Drinks in glass bottles or in plastic bottles that are larger than 500ml. - so forget your 750 ml bidon.

Unreasonable quantities of food (that is beyond the equivalent of a small packed lunch). - as a cyclist many people think I eat an unreasonably large packed lunch!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thats going to be fun for people going, nice game of "hide the sausage"  19

But yeah, i'd love to see a pic or other evidence if you can of a price list for food inside the venue (but a ban on camera's and the like might stop that aswell)  4

scarlettandem | 12 years ago
0 likes

The same sort of thing happened at Manchester for the World cup in 2000, then they found out how tight cyclists are lol!

othello | 12 years ago
0 likes

The definition of 'small' will be under discussion when I go on Friday. My 7 year old has hollow legs and I'm sure there will be discussions around 'that can't be all for him?"

Reminds me of going to EuroDisney a few years ago with its blanket packed lunch ban. We hid food in obscure places around the kids push chairs and hid in the park to eat it! Better than spending $$ on crap food!

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just reading about the packed lunch ban is making me unaccountably peckish.

Latest Comments