Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Hot DS Tip

Just read that Gabriel Rasch of FJD says that he is aiming for at least a top 10 - preferably a top 5 position in Quatar.

He is a good domestique, but do you think he actually has a chance to do this?

I am not so sure, but I know he was about to get a top 10 position at the 2011 Paris-Roubaix, before Garmin called him back to aid Hushovd, so I reckon he is good if its windy and flat.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

robcrow | 12 years ago
0 likes

He finished 7th last year,so not unrealistic to be thinking of a top 10,but the line up looks stronger to me this year and the movement of riders between teams has left some good finishers with the chance to express themselves rather than be tied up doing a job for there team.

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nah there's no way I'm going on banter from team websites any more. No matter who's stated they're definitely going to win it, there's every other team trying to stop them. But if you all want to go and pick Gabriel Rasch then by all means go ahead. I on the other hand have an absolutely red hot DS so watch out!

LabMonkey | 12 years ago
0 likes

I am not sure about Rasch - coming from Norway, how will he handle the heat in Qatar?

KirinChris replied to LabMonkey | 12 years ago
0 likes
LabMonkey wrote:

I am not sure about Rasch - coming from Norway, how will he handle the heat in Qatar?

Heat  13 I wish.... it's bloody freezing out here at the moment.

Well OK it's getting into single digits and mid 20s through the day but for us that's relatively freezing.

I'm wearing arm warmers, knee warmers, long gloves and an undershirt to ride in the mornings.

Stumps replied to KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes
abudhabiChris wrote:
LabMonkey wrote:

Well OK it's getting into single digits and mid 20s through the day but for us that's relatively freezing.

I'm wearing arm warmers, knee warmers, long gloves and an undershirt to ride in the mornings.

Oh you poor thing !!!!!!!!!!!!

seabass89 replied to Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:
abudhabiChris wrote:
LabMonkey wrote:

Oh you poor thing !!!!!!!!!!!!

Technically its not "freezing" before you have ice in your beard when you get home from a ride!

Squiggle replied to KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes
abudhabiChris wrote:

Geez I'm wearing that on the rollers today! It's -1.5 in my garage, -5 outside!

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

I like FDJ but they've left their two best sprinters at home. Might be in some breaks however, but I don't expect many of those to succeed.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

How about, NOPE  4

Blowing his and his teams own trumpet far to soon, always a sign that its going to fail

Stumps replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

How about, NOPE  4

Blowing his and his teams own trumpet far to soon, always a sign that its going to fail

You never know he might be lulling other teams into a false sense of security - a bit like your team predictions last year  19

Latest Comments