Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Annual mileage?

I'm just asking out of curiosity to see what everyone else does over a year.

I'll go first, 3383 miles, it's not going to go up by much more now

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

swallis77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

just over 8000 last year for me, I was aiming for 10. oh well, maybe this year  4

andyp | 12 years ago
0 likes

Aiming for a minimum 12,000km. Lousy year last year meant I was more like 5k than my usual 9k

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I managed to just get over the 6000 miles in the end with a couple of rides on xmas week

Ended the year on 6042, pleased with that, the only time i travel by car is when my granny is driving and i'm going to the shops with her, her mileage this year was 238 miles, so i think my carbon offset it all good, rofl  19

Blackhound | 12 years ago
0 likes

About 13,000km this year + unmeasured turbo miles.

This was boosted by the Tour Divide which was 4,300km on its own in 4 weeks. I would say about 60-65% were on a loaded mtb due to prep for TD and a tour of Oregon. Throw in a C2C and a few few Welsh Epics as well.

Only one time-trial this season which went well as I was just back from USA, a 100/200/300km audaxes were also fun.

2012 hoping to do LEJOG and maybe look at the LEL route in advance of 2013. Entered a two mtb races as well, Brighton Big Dog and Keilder 100.

JediNeo | 12 years ago
0 likes

Finished the year with 10,300km. The previous year was about 150km less.  1

lazyusername | 12 years ago
0 likes

3521 miles in the end

martyntr | 12 years ago
0 likes

Approaching 7000km this year. Most of that its commute miles. I'm hoping to hit the 4500 mile target by the years end. I've just picked up a chest infection so need to MTFU and get out on the roads before the end of the week.

Some great achievements this year though. Rode the Paris-Roubaix sportive, C2C from Lowestoft to Aberystwyth for charity and the Welsh national 12 hour TT.

Planing a bigger 2012 though  1

stuke | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm looking at just over 10,000 for 2011, commuting is around 7000 of that. Can't remember the last time i took the car to work.

PeteH | 12 years ago
0 likes

chris I dream of a 5% loss in bodyweight  4

Rob Simmonds | 12 years ago
0 likes

Should hit 7,000 miles for the year within the next couple of weeks. I also need to complete my December imperial century, so I'm hoping the weather holds...

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Probably about 7,000 miles give or take. @abudhabiChris - you have tailwinds out there? Didn't think there was such a thing  3

Simon E | 12 years ago
0 likes

Commuting mileage is looking to be about 3,600 miles, nearly 400 down on last year.  2

That's partly because I used the shorter main road a lot in the winter (too icy on the lanes) and then choosing the same later in the season because I couldn't get my arse into gear early enough to take the longer route and get to work on time.

Probably add another 700 for weekend rides (not enough of them either) and time trials. I'm confident that in 2012 I will be doing more on all fronts.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I know there can be extreme's the other way as you have described, BUT unless you just don't like the heat/cold when cycling, then your able to get out in any temp, i don't mind cycling in -20 nor in heat

I'm not so sure about a sandstorm as never had to face that, but with the right protection on your face i'm sure its just a case of visibility being the problem?

BUT cycling in 3/4 foot of snow in near on impossible, i even tried it on a recumbent trike, just ended up looking like a snowman  4

But back to mileage, IF the snow doesn't come overnight as its threatening to do, i should manage to get my 6000 target, which has been the aim for the last 3 years after doing 7-8k in my teens then not cycling for a few years and slowing working back up to a decent amount, need to get some sportives in next year though, only problem being there are none around here

KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes

10,756 km with one more ride planned which will bring it up to 10,800, whatever that is in miles. About 6,500 ?

I've been around 10,000 for the last five years now.

Turbo miles count but only when you measure the actual distance travelled.  3

Gkam84 replied to KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes
abudhabiChris wrote:

Thats alright for you over there in Abu, when was the last time you were faced with 3/4 foot of snow and temps of -20?  19  19

10,800km is 6711 miles  26

KirinChris replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
abudhabiChris wrote:

Thats alright for you over there in Abu, when was the last time you were faced with 3/4 foot of snow and temps of -20?  19  19

10,800km is 6711 miles  26

It's all relative innit...

When was the last time you had an overnight minimum of 35C and temperature by 9am of 43C. Then add a few degrees to that from the heat absorbed and reflected by black tarmac.

Or the last time you got caught in a sandstorm where you could freewheel at 35km/h one way and then have to ride 60km straight back into a howling headwind.

When I cycle here in summer I drink 6 litres of water on a three hour ride and still have a net loss of about 5% body weight.

I dream of snow...  20

lazyusername | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah I'm secretly hoping to get a couple more rides in to get upto 3500 which is pointless but when has that ever stopped me doing anything

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

This year i'm sitting at 5891 so fingers crossed i can get out this week if it doesn't stay to icy and hit 6000

That doesn't include my turbo miles from the start of the year when the snow was to heavy to go out, the mileage on that says 733

Latest Comments