Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

BMA seeking to ban smoking in cars!!

The BMA are wanting to persuade the government to ban smoking in cars. Maybe a good thing. Drivers having one less distraction maybe?Though there are already many toxins from exhaust fumes etc in the car at the best of times. Should their efforts not be better used in persuading people out of cars? And how will it be policed? Though. I don't fancy sharing the road with bad tempered drivers desperate for a fix of nicotine!! Here's the link anyways http://t.co/wlSZMWEH

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

It's also kind of ironic that there is greater risk from obesity and diabeties than secondary smoke. The odds are pretty high that the youngster in the back seat is overweight and being driven the half mile to school! Or am I just being cynical.

In agreement with you Simon. last night a driver shot out in front of me from a side road, fortunately I was able to swing into the road. If I was a couple of seconds quicker I would have been a mascot on his bonnet. Guess what - he had a phone glued to his ear  14  14  14 Lights, hi-v and primary position wasn't going to protect me then.

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

If there's anything that motorists should be banned from doing in their cars, it's using a handheld mobile phone while driving.

Which they already are banned from, of course - although you wouldn't know it if you spent a couple of minutes on a busy road watching the traffic go by.

Enforcement of that would be a good place to start before moving on to banning something else.

mad_scot_rider | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm horrified at the thought that they're going so far as to stop people using these things even when alone and affecting no-one else, but still not considering banning their sale completely

I usually let people go to hell their own way - but if tobacco were discovered today ALL civilised countries would make it a controlled substance immediately

Latest Comments