Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 15 La Vuelta

http://skysports.html.infostradasports.com/asp/lib/event/tour/index.asp?...

Not much to say in the early stages apart from LOOK OUT, there is a massive climb coming up

Break has 5.50

13 Champion (FRA, ALM) +1:34:00
197 Talansky (USA, GRM) +1:37:45
174 Geschke (GER, SKS) +2:32:17

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't be that hard pressed to be honest, they did 600 metres downhill  19

Ah well, its all good then, only lost a few points on those around me

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

The results of the enquiry are as follows:

The Anglirú is classified by the race organisers as a summit finish, one of six in the Vuelta. The points for the final climb are the finish line points.

You're right Gkam, the stage didn't finish at the HC point. But the rule that you quoted doesn't say that it has to; you'd be hard pressed to argue that this wasn't a 'mountaintop stage finish'

The rule exists to stop summit finish stage scores being unduly weighted towards the first few riders. It's applicable here.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well you can see what i think above and this is without me having Cobo, so its going to lose me more points  19

Oli Pendrey | 12 years ago
0 likes

Right folks, the scores are in. However, they dont currently include the points for the HC climb. We're holding a referee's enquiry as to whether we count this as a summit finish or not, given that the finish line was 600m after the summit.

Watch this space for the results of our enquiry and a potential change to the scores...just give us time to meet at our top secret underground scoring facility and stroke our beards for a while.  26

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I dont know who was doing the points today, But they aint put the HC points on YET

The rules say

"Points awarded for points accrued in the climber's classification from the day's stage. Does not include mountaintop stage finishes."

Well Stage 15 did not finish on the HC climb, there was .6km downhill, the HC was at 141.6 and the Finish was at 142.2

Cat.Hors Alto de l'Angliru 141.6 km
Distance completed: 142.2 km

So thats not the finish and points should be awarded

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wiggo got 1, Poels got 2nd over the HC, so thats 6 aint it?

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Did Poels get 8 pts for the HC? Did Wiggo get any? Might have a few more then.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think only the top 4, Cobo, Froome, Wiggo and Mollema have a chance to win overall now, so it makes some other choices a bit easier

0 likes

Got 97 but I lost about 35-40 points over 2 days by not having Froome. 'Nnoyed with Nieve but pleased about Poels. 7 out of 9 in top 20. Now it's back to mountain points and breaks, (after the flat). Glad I've got 4 transfers. Going to need them!

coffee_queen | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think this will be the first day I get over 100 points so in that respect it's good. In the sense that Brad lost the jersey, though, it will be very sad

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

Can never count these things, but might be 117. But scoring will be high

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Guys dont forget to add in the HC climb points, because that was 1km from the finish today  4

Sprinting_Jarwhal replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yep that was what got me the extra 8 points. Here is me hoping to be back on top of the South West tonight held it for a while but lost it yesterda on the second bad stage ina row, god i ahte it when a breakaway wins  20

Sprinting_Jarwhal | 12 years ago
0 likes

2,4,5,9,16,17 on stage.
2,3,4,7,10 in GC.
2,4 on PC.
2,3 on MC.

But i realised you can knock up my score to 123 points, would be 133 but Nuens isn't last anymore  20

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Bang on 100 for me today i think

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

1,4,5,16,17 in stage
1,2,3,7 in gc

Sprinting_Jarwhal | 12 years ago
0 likes

Meh 115 its return to a decent score after the last few days dissapointments  20 - 49 and 93  13

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

Glad we can all have a rest cos I'm knackered after watching that  28

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

If all the standing are right, Cobo scored 43 today  20

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Froome only 20 second behind and Wiggo only 46 and Sky have a much stronger team, one mistake by Geox and sky will put one of them back in red

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Pity about Wiggo but as stated there's still another week with more climbing to come. Lets hope the Geox team are not strong enough to keep the lead and Froome / Wiggins can prosper from it.  2

After all Cobo has had to do it all on his own without help and his legs must be suffering.

0 likes

Shouldn't have got rid of Froome 2 days ago: going to have to put him back soon.

Lagutin did well though at 10th.

Pity about Wiggins but he did come 5th, which isn't bad. Still nearly a week to go for something to go wrong for Cobo.

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Got 4 of the first 5 across the line... looks like this will be my best day of the race (not saying much, had a disaster the first couple of weeks)

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm not going to post the GC, cause its wrong so far

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top 20 Stage

1 J.J. Cobo (GEO) 4:01:56
2 W. Poels (VCD) +48
3 Menchov (GEO) +48
4 Froome (SKY) +48
5 Wiggins (SKY) +1:21
6 I. Antón (EUS) +1:21
7 Joa. Rodríguez (KAT) +1:35
8 Monfort (LEO) +1:35
9 Mollema (RAB) +1:35
10 S. Lagutin (VCD) +1:35
11 Martin (GRM) +1:41
12 Duarte (GEO) +1:52
13 Nieve (EUS) +2:02
14 Van den Broeck (OLO) +2:17
15 Nibali (LIQ) +2:37
16 Fuglsang (LEO) +2:43
17 D. Moreno (KAT) +2:43
18 Zaugg (LEO) +2:43
19 Pardilla (MOV) +3:01
20 Txurruka (EUS) +3:22

0 likes

I've had Mollema all along but didn't know that about the mountain points. (Hope it doesn't apply to Fantasy cycling). If I'd known that I would have changed him.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Goex going to have 2 in the top 5? i think

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cobo takes red and a SH8T load of points cause the HC wasn't the finish, so that'll get scored aswell  20

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

why did i take cobo out? ive been saying all tour he would come good, but no i follow everyone else and change to mollema, how stupid of me

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Taaramae signals he's done for the day

Pages

Latest Comments