Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

friday afternoon ride, road.cc bristol section...

i have a window in my busy(?!) schedule for a friday (22nd May) afternoon spin, anytime after 1.30 if anyone fancys joining me. Route? well obviously starting from here, Bristol and i suspect heading up to the old severn bridge, across to Tintern, with a quick loop round the hills and then back..60 odd miles. Pace? well not a pootle, but no chaingang either just steady. leave comment if interested and we can sort out a starting place. cheers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

19 comments

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

don't worry Dasy we've got plenty more rides planned for this summer

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

You guys are killing me....

I'd love to join you, but Brissle is at least an hours drive, and on a school day afternoon too, it just aint gonna happen for me this time.

Hopefully I'll make the next one with a bit of notice, I'm often owed lieu time.

If any of you fancy a spin in the Chilterns, or maybe the Valleys of South Wales then maybe be able to meet up then too...

Skardy | 14 years ago
0 likes

it's all over before it's even started for me - been roped into helping a mate move house  20

Have a great ride guys and hope the weather is fine.

Next time.........

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

agreed. Will be there if it is wet or hopefully dry.

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

say the Nova S. carpark, which is next too the bridge. yep . 1.30pm.

p.s. if its raining im still going..although i draw the line at snow, unless im commuting.

0 likes

So, 1:30 down by the bridge in hotwells? Should be fun.

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

hey looks like weve got a right old party here, excellent! i have a route, although last time i did it from my house, south bristol it was only 57 miles..but i know a few roads we can factor in to make it longer..but if you bring the 'twattnav' there's another road/loop round tintern i havent done before but quite fancy . cake stop?..theres a shop selling Bara Brith if you like just outside Chepstow

0 likes

Looking forward to this...weather forecast is looking ok too, lighter winds, drier (some showers but scattered), 16-17 degrees...hope it stays that way.

Skardy | 14 years ago
0 likes

Great stuff - definitely in!

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

if we leave at 1.30, wander out to tintern and around and back in a 60ish mile loop, and stop for a slice of cake somewhere, we shouldn't be longer than five hours or so should we? depends on everyone's definition of 'steady', i guess, but jon, skardy and i are fairly well matched for pace, the pace being sort of mediumish  1

I'm probably gonna drive over from bath and park up somewheres so you can blag a lift back with me skardy, if you want

you routefinding, fringe? i'll bring the twat-nav  1

Skardy | 14 years ago
0 likes

I think I'm in, just need to check when we are likely to get back - Should I factor a coffee & cake stop into my calculations?

0 likes

Will see you there. Got to go to bed now, early flight to milan tomorrow  4

Hammy | 14 years ago
0 likes

I hope Franco doesn't sleep with the fishes  22

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

excellent!. the landlord seems to think its okay.. "Franco Del Naja has been the Landlord of the Nova Scotia since 1995 and has run many other pubs in the city. "Of all the pubs I have run, I have to say that the Nova has the best location" he says

0 likes

That would appear to be bristol's first underwater pub, according to google:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&cl...

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

how about we say the 'Nova Scotia' pub carpark? for now, if anyone else joins us (Tony?) we can re-arrange if that aint good for them, or for you if thats the case..

0 likes

Count me in. Where and when shall I see you. Come on Tony, Im not sure ive actually seen you on a bike yet......

0 likes

better make sure it's 62.15 miles, eh? that pistola needs a good run out...

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

Very, very, tempting…

Latest Comments