Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 5 La Vuelta

Difficult day for some ahead, no wonder Cav hopped off yesterday if he wasn't feeling great because between the heat and the rolling hills its going to make a few jump off i think

http://skysports.html.infostradasports.com/asp/lib/event/tour/index.asp?...

An attack has just started as i write, with 48km gone, 25 riders are off in a break with 42 seconds, cant see that being allowed to stay out long

Winner today to come from Rabobank...........i hope  19

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

37 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Never speak to soon, i was 60th overall yesterday and 40th the day before now 200ish  20

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam, that sounds pretty similar to my strategy. I bought a team that in theory on paper should have done well in the TTT. However, the best laid plans of mice and men, I did complete and utter shite.

I have spent the past few days trying to mould my team back into winning shape. Anyhow, I'm currently 91st and that is a hell of a lot better at this stage than I was doing in the Tour or the Giro.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well i went for some fairly safe points over the next few days

IN:Daniel MORENO FERNANDEZ OUT:Ian STANNARD
IN:Joaquim RODRIGUEZ OUT:Bradley WIGGINS

I started with a team who "should" have done well in the TTT with 2 sky, 2 HTC then spread my bets with the rest looking towards stages 2,3 and 4 made a couple of transfers last night and it didn't lose or make me any points

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Moreno and Montfort in, Sivtsov and Le Mevel out for the moment. It's a flat finish, but I think a break will get away on the climb. Possibly Kruisjwijk or Sagan in the break, but Sagan broke away today so maybe not.

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've gone with my game plan Talansky out Sivstov in.
and on form Moreno in.

If he wasn't in red I would have put in Chavanel, because ordinarily this is made for him.

0 likes

fatcyclist, I hope you're right. Because I've opted for Degenkolb.

I don't know how others are faring but I've had some really big transfers to do ever since I completely stuffed myself by gearing my team entirely for the TTT. I wish that I had just taken a chance on the TTT and not changed my riders at all. Oh well, its getting more like I want it now.

thefatcyclist replied to londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

fatcyclist, I hope you're right. Because I've opted for Degenkolb.

I don't know how others are faring but I've had some really big transfers to do ever since I completely stuffed myself by gearing my team entirely for the TTT. I wish that I had just taken a chance on the TTT and not changed my riders at all. Oh well, its getting more like I want it now.

Oops!  4

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Got over a century - may my cricket form continue.  26

0 likes

He is in my pool of riders, but the cat 2 near the end might stuff him, if a break gets away over the top, then downill to the finish, can't see the bunch catch up. But who will be in the break..there's the rub.

0 likes

I didn't do too badly today. 125 points.

the bookies say Sagan will win tomorrow. thoughts?

0 likes

Not bad points for me. But putting in capecci instead of moreno big mince steak. (spanish)

For the attention of Dave A

2 points in the season long. Got a spare energy bar if you need one  4

Gkam84 replied to thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

Not bad points for me. But putting in capecci instead of moreno big mince steak. (spanish)

For the attention of Dave A

2 points in the season long. Got a spare energy bar if you need one  4

Only 4 behind you in La Vuelta after my 29 today, but almost 100 ahead in the season long  10

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hm. Got Chavanel, plus a few in the lower order at the finish. 22 points, I think. Not had a good Vuelta so far  7

boraboca | 12 years ago
0 likes

got 72 points for the day

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top 20 stage

1 Joa. Rodríguez (KAT) 4:42:54
2 W. Poels (VCD) +4
3 D. Moreno (KAT) +5
4 Mollema (RAB) +7
5 Scarponi (LAM) +8
6 Zubeldia (RSH) +8
7 Fuglsang (LEO) +8
8 Roche (ALM) +8
9 Van den Broeck (OLO) +8
10 Kessiakoff (AST) +8
11 Nibali (LIQ) +11
12 Pardilla (MOV) +11
13 Nieve (EUS) +11
14 Menchov (GEO) +11
15 Bakelants (OLO) +11
16 L. Sánchez (RAB) +11
17 Kruijswijk (RAB) +17
18 C. Sørensen (SBS) +20
19 Brajkovic (RSH) +20
20 Wiggins (SKY) +20

Top 10 GC

1 Sy. Chavanel (QST) 18:02:34
2 D. Moreno (KAT) +9
3 Joa. Rodríguez (KAT) +23
4 Fuglsang (LEO) +26
5 Nibali (LIQ) +33
6 Kessiakoff (AST) +36
7 Monfort (LEO) +38
8 Pardilla (MOV) +43
9 Van den Broeck (OLO) +44
10 Bruseghin (MOV) +52

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sweet! Much better today + Moreno 5 points bonus thanks to Purito!

bubby016 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I had Taaramae and Moncoutie  4  4  4

Gkam84 replied to bubby016 | 12 years ago
0 likes
bubby016 wrote:

So a whole 10 points for that  19

bubby016 replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
bubby016 wrote:

So a whole 10 points for that  19

Yeah 1 in the top ten overall and 4 in top twenty today  19

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

i give up, 1 point for me today

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

3 in the top 20 for me  37 but no1 in the top 10 GC for me anymore unless they re-jig it overnight again

You would have been better off with Moreno today, 3rd, plus 2nd in GC plus the mountains, he'll prob take the points today aswell and then 5 bonus for the team win

Alan Tullett replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

3 in the top 20 for me  37 but no1 in the top 10 GC for me anymore unless they re-jig it overnight again

You would have been better off with Moreno today, 3rd, plus 2nd in GC plus the mountains, he'll prob take the points today aswell and then 5 bonus for the team win

You're quite right! Exactly what I did. Could have changed Nibali for 'Purito' but didn't think it worth the bother. Changed Ligthart for Moreno. May change to "Purito' soon, but maybe after TT.

boraboca | 12 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod Won finally I get a stage winner on my team

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Not anymore, 3 guys up front with only a minute, Quickstep are doing the work along with Katusha, didn't expect that, but coming onto the last couple of climbs riders will be shed all over the place just shortly and be left with the best 10-20 riders

boraboca | 12 years ago
0 likes

there is no way the break will make it

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Taking the break back now only Albasini staying away, Could Sivtsov use him to jump the field?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just outta interest, anyone else getting "there is a technical fault with this channel" on Eurosport  14  14

Not been able to get it this morning at all and now i cant watch the USA pro challenge highlights

boraboca | 12 years ago
0 likes

They did this same exact stage last year and they caught the break with anton winning

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I hate this vuelta, as soon as i take taaramae out he goes in the break and crosses the cat 2 1st  20

my gamble on my climber isnt paying off either shhould have put mollema back in or scarponi

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

@Gkam, they'll never let Taaramae go up the road although he did lose a bit of time already.

@thefatcyclist, Ah but "the new Thor" is riding and he's in my squadra! This is purely my rating of him as a finisher but he'll only get stronger with age! Actually there are probably 2 "new Thors" both in my team so I'm glad you said that!

@boraboca, Strong team! You could almost be a purist with that line up, although I thought mine was pretty strong too they've not done much yet but they should bring me back into contention before the rest day I hope.

Pages

Latest Comments