Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 18

So who have you brought in and got rid of?

My 1st was an easy pick Quinziato out Sabatini in, no loss if he dont keep last tomorrow cause my sprinter was doing nothing anyways, keeping my breaking DS quiet tho

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

31 comments

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Dropped from 18th to 32nd!  20

Taking a big chance tomorrow, if it works I'm back in, if not then I'm out top 50.  19

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm just making sure I have money for the time trial now, I've put both schlecks back in, so you can bet on it being evans

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Stage 61IN:Fabio SABATINI OUT:Manuel QUINZIATO
Stage 61IN:Gorka IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI OUT:Arnold JEANNESSON
Stage 60IN:Jelle VANENDERT OUT:Paolo TIRALONGO
Stage 60IN:Cadel EVANS OUT:Andy SCHLECK

thoses are mine for the last two days, so actually could have had more points, but thats because i was planning for today and tomorrow for my points and changed my team around on rest day aiming to do well

If i hadn't change Evans for Schleck and Izagirre for Jeannesson then i would have been top today with 156 points  31

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

great points GKam. i've dropped over 100 places in the last 2 days. tactically crap here is my transfers.

Stage 61 IN:Sébastien HINAULT OUT:Thor HUSHOVD
Stage 61 IN:Alberto CONTADOR VELASCO OUT:Andy SCHLECK
Stage 60 IN:Thor HUSHOVD OUT:Sébastien HINAULT
Stage 60 IN:Peter VELITS OUT:Frank SCHLECK

no idea what is going on.

around 135 points if i had left things alone

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

IN YOUR FACE all you haters  19  19  19  19  19  19  19  19  19  19

Only 5th today  20 but my other transfer was JEANNESSON out so only lost 1 point to be joint 3rd, i think thats gonna be my best place now and i should retire happy  4

My next person to overhaul will be TERatcliffe26  26  26

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

IN YOUR FACE all you haters  19  19  19  19  19  19  19  19  19  19

Only 5th today  20 but my other transfer was JEANNESSON out so only lost 1 point to be joint 3rd, i think thats gonna be my best place now and i should retire happy  4

My next person to overhaul will be TERatcliffe26  26  26

Im not gonna let you past!
i went cadel over andy with the TT in mind as cadel may only be one or two places behind on the gc but is likely to top 20 so should make up the points that way.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

A bit of good news, Sabatini still last  4

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gonna be some big scores today. I got 130 and i don't have andy schleck...

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hahaha, I couldn't transfer Andy out as I didn't have enough transfers, what a shame...

Andy, Frank, Tommy and Vanendert all in my team so a good day but dissapointed with Uran and Riblon. Knew I should have picked up Taaramae.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrse I had Evans and he would have been just about the same amount of points as Andy today, but the TdF have given Andy the combat prize, what a crock, it should have been Iglinskiy today  14  14  14  14  14  14  14  14

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah i'm going level with some other years until tomorrow, because dont forget, we're going back up the other side of the mountain, gonna be a big one again and is still anyone's  19 as long as your in the top 4

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

I might have got quite a few points from the Schlek brothers & Voeckler. But nothing matters today... that was just a brilliant stage!

@Gkam84 - Best TdF of recent years yet? Or will you hold your opinion till the end of TT?

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Lost quite a few points cos I've got Sammy Sanchez. Might just give up and stack for the TT.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I LOVE TOMMY  4  4

But what a great stage and i'm looking good for a decent amount of points aswell  3

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Schleck putting out time on the down, just past Roche, so in 2nd on the road, Uran just went down on a corner, nothing to bad, got up n changed a wheel

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Frank seems ok, Andy is off up the road and no1 is bothering with him, i think they may have all missed the boat

Unless they think Andy is going up the road as a marker for Frank?

Can you not get it on the tinternet Squiggle? want a live feed link?

Squiggle replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Can you not get it on the tinternet Squiggle? want a live feed link?

Cheers! I'm offshore, the internet is too slow for live streaming (or even watching highlights on Youtube!). Sounds like an awesome stage and an awesome race I'm missing  2

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

That's VERY early for a GC attack from Andy! He does know there's another climb right???

Damn I wish I could watch this!  20

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Is Frank Schleck OK? (NO TV, Only Eurotext!)

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think sky are sticking to Uran like glue to keep him up there

Contador to the medi car complaining of knee pain??? yeah right, nice try, watch him rip up the mountains  4

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

where are teamsky? Is GT biding his time and keeping an eye on uran?
or were they pooped yesterday supporting ebh

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

3 riders chasing:

Silin
Delage
Burghardt

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

16 riders in the break:

Delaplace  4
Bookwalter
Roche
Perez M.
Navardauskas
Monfort
Devenyns
Irizar
Hoogerland
Posthuma
Hondo
Erviti
Urtasun
Tjallingi
Iglinskiy
Duque

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I will be amazed if Contador does not win this stage....I just hope that he doesn`t...  22

pward | 12 years ago
0 likes

Weather up on the tops is rank - cold and wet (but no snow forecast!) so my money is on the chubbier older dogs of the peloton rather than the stripped down neophytes. A day to choose classics riders who can climb (really really well!).... trouble is, only two swapsies..... hmmm  7
I'm gambling on putting Rojas (cheap) back in for some intermediate sprint action before it all goes skywards. How about a renaissance for Luis Leon Sanchez, - I'm hoping his lurking down in the autobus these last few days was to conserve energy and run some GC time away.....  39 but he might just be knackered ?

Best of luck to you all !

Aapje | 12 years ago
0 likes

I had the same gamble, but HTC didn't let Gilbert go in a break, so it was a really bad choice.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

oooop, I forgot to swap back yesterdays gamble, P Gilbert for Schleck, so I am hoping PG gets in a break. . . it was a bigger gamble than I intended, and a flop so far

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well Roy and my other transfer Izagirre (the guy no-one seemed to know before the other day)

They both came home in the train, only because a bus cant fit half the field. ALOT of riders took it easy yesterday, so there could be quite alot of people trying to make a break and i wouldn't past Jelly or Uran to try and go with them

One interesting thing and i dont know if its ever been done or if the UCI would have a hissy fit about it, to me, when it rains and they all put on their water proofs alot of the riders look the same, has anyone tried to cover their bike number and get away in a break?

So take Uran 7.36 down, drop back to the car, stick some EBH yellow shows, "accidentally" a bit of plastic gets "caught" on the bike number, then keep your head down, take off out the front like your EBH, get a decent gap and then reveal yourself robin hood style. Or is it just late and i'm dreaming again?

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Tommy V remains in my squad. Whatever else, the boy's got a lot of heart. And i hear the roads tomorrow are fairly wide. And he only seems to lose time when the finish is downnhill  1

Sabatini's in, too. he picked himself really.

and here's hoping jeremy roy still has his eyes on those polka dots, eh

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

Got Sabatini in - didn't have much of an option as I needed to release funds tied up with Thor.

The other transfer was Frank in for Luis Leon.

Now that I've got both Sabatini & Amador, hope at least one of them stays as LR end of tomorrow  1

Pages

Latest Comments