Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 15

Anybody got any thoughtas for tomorrow? Cav or Thor? Or what about Gilbert?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Never mind. 6 more to go. Sky obviously gave Swift a chance but I'm sure Boasson Hagen would have got the same or better, thus justifying dropping the certain 9 of Frank, but unfortunately I don't control team decisions.

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

S**t well that didn't quite go to plan!  22

0 likes

@squiggle I'm glad to hear that about Jeannesson. I'm banking on Rojas and Boasson Hagen.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

squiggle did u have a cheeky peep at my team with regards to having turgot and leaving in jeannesson  3 cause thats what i have done

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

The only problem with Europcar is they are going to put a man in the break and sit back a bit today, they have done alot of work in the mountains to keep Voeckler up there

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Bookies odds are not a bad idea but I usually plan a few stages ahead so no good for me unless I'm stuck between 2 transfers. Then I'd look at head to head results on cqranking.

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've left Jeannesson in for today as looking through sprint results he looks like Bonnets final leadout. With Bonnet out of the way and with him dropping out of white I reckon he'll be up for a crack at the sprint. Turgot from Europcar is my other man, he's looked pretty consistent throughout the sprints too and should be buoyed by the fack that his team leader is doing such a stellar job in yellow. Also with a lot of the top name sprinters gone I'd expect to see Hinault up there too. Hoping at a stretch for 3 top tens!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I dont use any other source's apart from letour website and my eyes watching Eurosport, looking at bookies odds would be the last thing to look at for something like the TdF cause anything can happen on any given day  19

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

PS I have a feeling I'm going to do really badly today because I've stoked my whole team up with good climbers. How dare the Tour Director throw in a sprint in between mountain stages!

0 likes

This is what I look at when I select my team.

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/t/445/Tour-de-France.html

What is especially useful about it is that in the Fantasy comp., it doesn't particularly matter whether your rider comes 1st or 3rd - you still get good points. The bookies seem to know who will be right up there with the leaders. If you haven't seen this list before, a sprint day is possibly not the best way to first see the list but on the hill climbs, it is a great indicator. I've found it really helpful in selecting my team.

anyone else got any good sources of info?

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

I left Cav in, and went for Rob Ruij who might score 5 if rojas wins and often finishes fairly high up.
And Amador is a cheap 10 pts.
But i had to get rid of Jelle to do that so will lose kom pts. Fool !

Jelle back on the menu for Tuesday

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

Went for Rojas over Cav. Saved me having to make another transfer to release funds for Cav.

Acc to my calculations, unless Rojas goofs up big time, I should score between 70 & 80 tomorrow  1

Gkam84 replied to rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes
rbx wrote:

Went for Rojas over Cav. Saved me having to make another transfer to release funds for Cav.

Acc to my calculations, unless Rojas goofs up big time, I should score between 70 & 80 tomorrow  1

Thats why i went for ventoso, Rojas is desperate for the green back and is taking ventoso with him everytime to try and take more points off Cav

So instead of transferring out a GC guy and trying to fiddle funds i just took him in

Argy replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
rbx wrote:

Thats why i went for ventoso, Rojas is desperate for the green back and is taking ventoso with him everytime to try and take more points off Cav

So instead of transferring out a GC guy and trying to fiddle funds i just took him in

I agree with what you guys say, Cav is expensive, problem is he is so good and will probably win!  39

0 likes

Problem is most of the top riders will have him as well so it doesn't matter what happens with his actual position. By having him you're just marking the opposition. (But that is part of cycling as well).

0 likes

No chance! And there's always the Vuelta and I read Spanish so I can read up on the Spanish cycling press.

Squiggle replied to Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

No chance! And there's always the Vuelta and I read Spanish so I can read up on the Spanish cycling press.

Yo tambien; lo siento!  4

Argy replied to Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:

Yo tambien; lo siento!  4

Y yo tambien! hacemos un equipo VIP!?  3

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Alan I think you should listen to your wife and give up.  3

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

My other transfer was the new LR. It's a suitably flat stage that it shouldn't change touch wood!

0 likes

I'm 4th and I think there's only a slim chance of my winning, but I'm not giving up, (much to my wife's annoyance). In fact, if I spent the same amount of time earning my normal rate as I do on this I could buy the bike in any case! I'm enjoying watching it though and it's definitely a fascinating race, still completely open and I love the scenery. It's also getting my daughters into France and cycling as well.

0 likes

Bonnet's out now I believe. Have you gone for Vichot? He's not bad on a finish.

0 likes

squiggle, who are your three frenchies? I've already done all my transfers so I only ask out of curiosity - honest!

Going off at a bit of a tangent, I'm around 200th and reckon that I probably have no chance of winning yet carry on playing. anyone else feel the same? I guess it's just about kudos.

Squiggle replied to londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

squiggle, who are your three frenchies? I've already done all my transfers so I only ask out of curiosity - honest!

Going off at a bit of a tangent, I'm around 200th and reckon that I probably have no chance of winning yet carry on playing. anyone else feel the same? I guess it's just about kudos.

What I love about the game is how much it mirrors the actual racing. Right now I'm trying for GC but if my leader gets wiped out then I'll tumble down the rankings. Likewise anyone respectably high mid table who takes a chance can get in the right break and rocket up into a GC position. Also if I was in a lower position I'd be tempted to give up on GC, then stack my team to try and win a specific stage!

As for my Frenchies... well one is an actual SP who I've had all week. One is a leadout man who's lost his leader and his jersey, the other (actually the only one I've transferred in) already has a green jersey.  3

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm going purely for finishing points tomorrow. Cav's going to win but my 3 Frenchies will be up there too!  16

0 likes

I think the 10 for Lantern Rouge is a bit generous, maybe 5 is enough. It discourages going for a 'break' rider.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've not bothered with Amador cause i've ask Jerome to sit up and ride 35mins down or JUST inside the time limit as a special for me, even if he has to sit just on the finish line without crossing  19  19

0 likes

Got in Boassen Hagen for Schleck. Sky are still going for it! Plus Amador who I should have brought in yesterday instead of Kadri. What was I thinking?

bubby016 | 12 years ago
0 likes

For the win either A. Schleck, Contador, or Evans. Either way will see some movement from the main competetors.

Gkam84 replied to bubby016 | 12 years ago
0 likes
bubby016 wrote:

For the win either A. Schleck, Contador, or Evans. Either way will see some movement from the main competetors.

On a flat stage? those guys will be no where near the front, its a sprinters stage tomorrow

There will me no movement in the GC 2moro, unless a rider jumps off it will be the same and i'll bet on that

Pages

Latest Comments