Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

discuss stage 14 here maybe

Right now that that disaster is behind us, what of stage 14. The last 4 times that it has finished here, the winner went on to win the whole thing.
So will the gc class guys finally open out. HC mountain top finish, 2x1 cat 2x2 cat 1x3 cat, and a down hill sprint point.
I don't think contador has it in the legs to take yellow, abut may make up seconds, or will it be a damp squib again and they all hold fire till the alps.

Transfers??
Keep Gilbert or not.
Keep Riblon or not.
Keep uran or not

I do'nt know. I'm not interested in who might win, I just want to get a decent points haul.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Contador aint going to keep anything for the Alps, today is make or break

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

yes, I'm a bit worried about Evans today though I've kept him, but he looked pretty decent the other day. It's Andy who doesn't look so great unless he's fooling us. If Contador does have something I think he'll keep it till the Alps and then go all out one day. Sammy to win it, got in Gorka for the 5, Frank 2nd, Cunego 3rd. Kadri for a break (very hopeful but he hasn't gone for a while) and Vanendert for mountain points. Swapped out Dupont for Kadri so he'll probably do something.
Kinda glad Jerome's not bottom anymore, makes it more interesting and I can choose another FDJ rider apart from him and Jeanneason. Nearly brought in Roy but was short by 0.1. That guy is one hell of a rider to go on breaks two days running, pity he didn't make it yesterday but I'm sure he'll try it again in another day or so..

Swirly replied to Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Kinda glad Jerome's not bottom anymore, makes it more interesting and I can choose another FDJ rider apart from him and Jeanneason.

Er VJ rides for Europcar.

27 riders up the road and I have 1.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

more likely, next year we'll allow you to make another extra transfer to spend the money. but it's gonna cost ya.

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm sure there'll be an open source exchange project available somewhere on sourceforge or likes...

... would just require a few (hundred) hours of tuning and integration.

Should be less complicated than trying to win the game by picking a winning team  4

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

Dave,

Can we have a points exchange running in parallel?

For instance, thanks to a stupid transfer, I have about 27 credits free for today's stage. Using the exchange, I could lend these out to someone who's short a few credits for tomorrow's transfers in exchange for a portion of their points.

Brings an extra angle to the game... to invest in my team or to lend to someone?  4

dave atkinson replied to rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes
rbx wrote:

Dave,

Can we have a points exchange running in parallel?

For instance, thanks to a stupid transfer, I have about 27 credits free for today's stage. Using the exchange, I could lend these out to someone who's short a few credits for tomorrow's transfers in exchange for a portion of their points.

Brings an extra angle to the game... to invest in my team or to lend to someone?  4

yeah, that doesn't sound complicated *at all*

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm! Didn't think about Quinziato... foolish perhaps!  39

Still he hasn't had a top 20 and my new sprinter has. Didn't want to have to make an unnecessary change for Sunday.  16

Anyway... those are quite respectable changes I think although if Hoogerland goes on another kamikaze I will hunt you down...  19

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ok, Rojas and Hoogerland gone, Quinziato and Schleck in, was going to go Deekers, but i dont see the point when i can afford to take Quinz in just incase Evans decides he's gonna win and i'll get 5 points

Argy replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Ok, Rojas and Hoogerland gone, Quinziato and Schleck in, was going to go Deekers, but i dont see the point when i can afford to take Quinz in just incase Evans decides he's gonna win and i'll get 5 points

Good to see you backing Evans mate!  3

Gkam84 replied to Argy | 12 years ago
0 likes
Argy wrote:

Good to see you backing Evans mate!  3

Not "backing" Evans, but he might try something, its just an extra 5 if he does, but i think stage 14 may be his downfall and see him fail to keep with the Schlecks, i can even see Contador failing to stay with them unless he's had is beef imported

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

The only consolation is that Jauman is struggling too, ( this is relative of course)first man over 5000 points but a very low score on the stage. Si it happens to the best of us.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well i've brought jeanneson and jelle in, partly cos his wobbly name matches the way my team is feeling at the moment.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

See my problem is i spread my credits, current team is

Alberto CONTADOR (will keep cause he's gonna get at least top 10)
Jose ROJAS (get rid?)
Rigoberto URAN URAN (should have a decent finish)
Johnny HOOGERLAND (gotta get him out)
Thomas VOECKLER (want to keep for 2moro)
Gorka IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI (could try a break)
Vincent JEROME (hoping for LR again)
Rein TAARAMAE (if he can climb a bit 2moro he will have white)
Paolo TIRALONGO (should have had a go today)

So how do i get rid of Hoogerland and get Frank in? i think my old mate Deekers will be back

Squiggle replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

AC: So are most of the GC boys.
JR: Depends how big the early break is.
RU: Did the other day.
JH: Please keep him so he dosn't try to go up the road.
TV: Good descision.
GI: Who?
VJ: Hoping not cos I just changed him out.
RT: If he's in white after tomorrow you can have all of my points!
PT: Same as JH.

I went for the Dekkers strategy today and was pretty lucky to only lose one place. Brought in a sprinter ahead of Sunday just incase. Excited/ nervous about my replacement for Jerome. Fingers crossed  16

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

certaintly, especially after a few glasses of the old red ink.

So Frank in for Gilbert
Jeansson in for riblon

Plenty left for a sprinter on Sunday.

My wild card??? Nicky Roche. (of course he is not in my team)

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

i'd pick sean kelly  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I honestly couldn't give two hoots anymore

BUT i have thought about a new edition for next years game, but its kinda hard to score unless we can pin Dave to a TV and watch the whole tour, lol, I want a "legends" section, you get to pick one at the start of the tour and get a point for every mention they get on Eurosport  19

Latest Comments