Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Don't adjust QR's on the move...

A group of my mates were out on a MTB ride last night - I'd been out road riding so didn't join them - and one of them deceided that his front QR wasn't done up tight enough, so would adjust it while on the move!

This didn't go quite according to plan, and resulted in him chopping quite a sizeable length of the top of his finger off in the disc rotor!

I have photographic evidence of this, but it isn't the most beautiful image, so votes as to whether I should post this up or not are welcome...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

I rode with my mate this weekend, and he said he was happy for me to post the rest of the pics (they had his face in, so I wanted to make sure he was happy for me to post them).

Here you go:

TwiggyHo | 14 years ago
0 likes

No, its not necessary. That looks very very painful.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

as mustard. nothing like a bit of gore to brighten up a rainy monday

Mr Sock | 14 years ago
0 likes

Do it!

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

I was just sent some more photos of the offending (and offensive) finger, I may post them up on Monday when I get to work, assuming everyone is keen!....?

gandberg | 14 years ago
0 likes

Is it possible to un-see things?*

*quote from e4's marvellous The Inbetweeners (just found it uploaded to youtube.

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

It's a fair old piece, just above the last joint!

It's probably a 3/4 bird, enough to still be offensive yet lacking some of the aggression.

0 likes

how much is missing? will he be championing a new offensive gesture known as the 'half bird'?

Denzil Dexter | 14 years ago
0 likes

I can't help feeling that at some point he's going to miss it. Maybe if he ever decides to take up the guitar or the piano;

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

It is still in the glove he was wearing which is now in the back of my mates van. He said he wasn't too bothered about it !

He is as hard as nails, ex-captain in the para's. He laughed about it!

cactuscat | 14 years ago
0 likes

OUCH. ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.

did they sew the end back on again? or is it in a shrub somewhere?

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

I won't be finishing that salsa dip in the fridge for lunch then

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

Okay, you asked for it....!

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

that almost put me off my elevenses.
almost

0 likes

I want to see it. We can compare it with my friend Jez's pic of his finger that he sliced off at bristol bikefest last year. sadly i can't find the shot from the accident (Jez?) but here it is after a bit of reconstructive surgery and two weeks under wraps...

Latest Comments