Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fabio Duarte

Fabio Duarte the Geox rider abandoned todays stage of the Giro following a crash shortly after the start. He is still listed as a starter for tomorrows stage and it is now too late to transfer him out, having used up all my transfers before realising. Grrrrrrr  2

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

JDee | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just looked it up, he is lighter than Emma Pooley! And she is tiny! I'm suprised he doesn't fall over in light winds!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

So in theory, a very short rider could run 650's?

Yes it would be a headache if you went down or got a flat, would need a motorbike to constantly follow you with 650's, but could be done

Simon E | 12 years ago
0 likes

I very much doubt Duarte would ride anything other than 700c, he's not that small. Also, having a different size from the rest of the team, never mind the neutral service, would be a real headache.

Pooley's Cervelo TT bike last years Worlds ran 650s but I think her road bike has 700c.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I was watching him and thought to myself, if he ever comes off the bike, i hope its beside a high kerb for the lift to get back on.

Does he ride 700c wheels? cause his bike did look rather huge compared to him, but i thought he might be on 650's if they are allowed in the pro peloton?

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

compact it is then  1

i can't think of another male professional cyclist that weighs that little, though. anyone?

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

He really is tiny. his wikipedia page says he's 5'4" and 48kg, which is almost exactly half of my weight  39

did anyone else think he looked a bit like a kid who'd nicked his dad's bike? chapeau for the ride, mind!

Simon E replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

He really is tiny. his wikipedia page says he's 5'4" and 48kg, which is almost exactly half of my weight

But not half your height Dave  3

I wouldn't say 5'4" (my height too and that of Samuel Dumoulin) is tiny, I prefer the term "compact".

But 48kg is very light, possibly less than the already featherweight Emma Pooley.

The Good Shepherd | 12 years ago
0 likes

Phew....panic over, cheers! Thankfully, my stage was saved by wee José Rujano. Bless his little coolmax socks.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nope you'll get points, just nothing for riders who have left the race

The Good Shepherd | 12 years ago
0 likes

Does this mean if we have in in our teams we score no points for the stage, as we have fielded an inelligible team?

Latest Comments