Leopard-Trek weak for the Giro?

I just looked over the Leopard-Trek team for the Giro, and it strikes me as rather odd. I know the team had planned to go for the points jersey with Bennati, and now they can't. Their Giro team seems to be composed of super-domestiques rather than standout leaders. Even though they're not targeting GC, I would expect them to have a clear leader for the mountains, the sprints, etc. Leopard-Trek for the Giro: Dominic Klemme, Tom Stamsnijder, Bruno Pires, Thomas Rohregger, Fabian Wegmann, Olivier Zaugg, Brice Feillu, Davide Vigano, Wouter Weylandt Leopard-Trek's inability to commit to supporting a single Schleck brother in the Ardennes races didn't work well for them. Are they going to run into the same problem here? It seems like a gamble to allow the strategy for a Grand Tour to be "whoever feels good on the day." Finally, I was surprised L-T didn't field Linus Gerdemann for the Giro. It seems to me he could target GC here and still have the legs to be a good lieutenant for the Schlecks at the Tour. Thoughts?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Daily Deals