Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Coronavirus cancellations

Giro has now been postponed too. I think we're unlikely to see much/any racing until the summer. Whether or not the Tour de France survives we'll have to see.

If you're a premium player then we'll extend your membership period by the time period from now until the racing starts again.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

akronzipsgirl | 3 years ago
0 likes

My premium membership ends tomorrow, based on a 1 year membership - was it extended because of all the cancelations last year?

EDIT: I also tried to pay for another year, and I am not seeing a link to extend/pay for it.

Txirrindulari | 3 years ago
0 likes

Races are starting up! When are you going to re-boot the Fantasy League?

dave atkinson replied to Txirrindulari | 3 years ago
1 like

soon - email going out tomorrow or tuesday

MikaelLie replied to dave atkinson | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dave, why can't I see the Tour De France competition on the dashboard?

Theres only a week until it begins, and I can't find it anywhere on the frontpage..?

Shouldn't it be on the dashboard/competitions?

dave atkinson replied to MikaelLie | 3 years ago
0 likes

it'll be open early next week

MikaelLie replied to dave atkinson | 3 years ago
0 likes

Ahh okay, sorry mate🤦🏼‍♂️😊

thx for answering👍🏻

rhodzilla | 3 years ago
0 likes

The UCI has announced the TdF will now start on 29th August, with possibly the Giro sometime in October and the Vuelta in November, plus the Monuments and the World Championships squished somewhere in between. If it all goes ahead, it's going to get very busy at the end of the year!

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

I'm bored, how are you all doing?

ktache replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Get out and enjoy the start of spring while you can.  It is now drier than it's been for months.

I got out to Swinley yesterday, before shutdown of non essential travel start to be enforced.

We've never really done totalitarianism here, maybe we will never accept banning of solo riding or walking, but you never know...

11waterloo | 4 years ago
1 like

Really appreciate the email and the offer of pausing our subscription. Would be happy pay anyway as £10 is such good value for the fun(?) it brings and the effort on your behalf. Here's to scouring the £3 million bargain bin for the new Bettiol, Langeveld, Madrazo or van der Poel once more!

kil0ran | 4 years ago
0 likes

TFW when you think "Yay, being forced to WFH, no more hiding in the bogs at 4pm to watch the end of stage races"

Oh.

ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

The warmer months may bring some relief for the northern hemisphere, and the sport of cycling does require world wide travel, as it would seem does the rest of commerce at least.  Who knows how long borders will be closed and when it's summer here it is of course winter in the southern hemisphere.

One thing that could even put a dent in the hope that hotter weather could provide a slowing down in transmission is that MERS, which is a fellow coronovirus, which is much more deadly and seems generally confined to the hotter parts of the Middle East.

jollygoodvelo replied to ktache | 4 years ago
1 like

ktache wrote:

...MERS, which is a fellow coronovirus, which is much more deadly and seems generally confined to the hotter parts of the Middle East.

...and The Voice on Saturday nights.

kaza456 replied to ktache | 2 years ago
0 likes

lol. i feel you in that one smiley

Latest Comments