Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Advice on moving seat forward/adapter needed?

Hi all. I’m trying to turn my cannondale super six road bike into an occasional time trial / triathlon bike. I’m looking to move my seat position forward, problem is all the seat moving solutions out there don’t fit my seat post width (25.4 mm). Anyone got any experience of anything that will help me get my seat in a more forward position? Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

ChasP | 4 years ago
0 likes

Zero layback seatpost from Decathlon, comes with shims to fit 25.4mm https://www.decathlon.co.uk/234mm-seat-post-25-to-272-id_8350482.html

matthewn5 | 4 years ago
1 like

What about using one of those Thompson seatposts with the bend in it, the other way around?

Poll50 replied to matthewn5 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Yeah good idea, not sure if the angle of the seat  clamp would be wrong ie would slope up. Maybe worth just buying one and sending back if it doesn't do the job

Welsh boy | 4 years ago
2 likes

For years i rode with a chap who just turned his seatpost around, 25mm layback suddenly became 25mm forwards.  Assuming you have a round seatpost, why not give that a try?

Poll50 replied to Welsh boy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the idea. My seat has a layback and so if I turn it around it angles up so it won't work!

Latest Comments