Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Your favourite road.cc ads

Now we can post images again, here's a thread of the random stuff the ads try to sell me on here. I know, I know, it's all to do with my browsing preferences and that. But even so...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

The _Kaner | 3 years ago
0 likes

Siroko overload....

brooksby | 3 years ago
1 like

Slightly OT, but does anyone find tv advert breaks really surreal now?

All those adverts for cross generational mothers day dinners, holidays, crowds of people...  Ad space bought weeks or months ago, but still.

ktache replied to brooksby | 3 years ago
0 likes

Cruise ads, holiday ads.

Pointless toilet roll adverts.

Notbuilt2climb | 4 years ago
0 likes

Challenging times for us all with Covid19 but I don't like the look of this ad.  Seems a bit extreme!

ktache replied to Notbuilt2climb | 4 years ago
0 likes

A couple of weeks back I got quite a few for Respro sprots masks, which I very much doubt contribute much to viral protection.  One thing I have seen is that when people are wearing masks they tend to touch the mask a great deal around the nose, thus negating the point of the mask completely.

Tony Farrelly | 4 years ago
1 like

This is my personal fave…

Tom_77 | 4 years ago
2 likes

Got an ad for Immodium on the Near Miss Of The Day page, pop a couple before you watch the video so you don't shit yourself...

brooksby | 4 years ago
0 likes

At the moment, it was showing Cateye AMPP lights one side and something called a "Herpotherm" for cold sores on the other (?).

Once I logged in, they switched and both sides are advertising a supplier of garden machinery, forestry and tree surgery stuff (even more, ??).

TheBillder | 4 years ago
1 like

No image as it's long gone, but months ago I had many chuckles about a new route planning thing that was offering free subscriptions to people who would evaluate the service in my area. Wonderfully, the text said they were looking for Scottish testes to do this...

hawkinspeter replied to TheBillder | 4 years ago
2 likes

TheBillder wrote:

No image as it's long gone, but months ago I had many chuckles about a new route planning thing that was offering free subscriptions to people who would evaluate the service in my area. Wonderfully, the text said they were looking for Scottish testes to do this...

Were they checking under kilts?

ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

Just Wow!

brooksby replied to ktache | 4 years ago
1 like

Quote:

Thepla is a soft Indian flatbread typical of Gujarati cuisine and especially popular among Jains. It is typically enjoyed as a breakfast, or can be eaten for snacks with hot tea or can be eaten as lunch also. as a side dish with a meal, or as a snack in the late afternoon.

Yum devil

Tom_77 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Earlier today I had an advert for joining the police.

Last week I had a strange one for something that looked like a Japanese cartoon incest simulator.

I get the odd car advert, usually some fugly mid-range SUV.

ktache | 4 years ago
1 like

I am always suprised at the number of car adverts I get, especially of the more ridiculous powerful/beheamoth models.

Never driven, don't want to, my only browsing has been to how badly mator vehicles are being driven.

ktache replied to ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

And to prove a point, I get this one on the top of the Live blog.

I do hope someone got some money (no matter how minute) for this pointless bit of completely undirected marketing.

cactuscat | 4 years ago
1 like

This pic is my absolute favourite. it has been:

• The topstone
  • the specialized creo SL
  • the merida big nine
  • and others i can't remember
cactuscat | 4 years ago
1 like

It doesn't look *that* tiny

Latest Comments