Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

UAE tour

Any ideas when this opens ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
0 likes

This was a bad time for me to save a transfer for the sprint days I guess.  Points on the board...!  Like the Murphy's...

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

BLLX....race cancelled....

I was 6th in standard and 4th in purist....piggin hell....

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Similar for me, 2nd in standard with five transfers squirrelled away to change my team into a sprinting machine! But then it is only a game & there are more important issues to be dealt with.

Aragonite | 4 years ago
0 likes

Yep. Last two stages rumoured to be cancelled.

Dr Winston replied to Aragonite | 4 years ago
0 likes

Aragonite wrote:

Yep. Last two stages rumoured to be cancelled.

More than a rumour...it’s gone...

11waterloo | 4 years ago
0 likes

Looks like Corona Virus wins......

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Uh oh..... A new Atlantic storm has just been named for this weekend, Storm Jorge, with 60-70mph winds...and the worst of it looks to be timed exactly right for Omploop. 

jollygoodvelo replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Weird how all the storms seem to be coming at weekends this year!  Hope all the riders stay safe, I remember the race a few years ago when people were being blown off the road.

Dr Winston replied to jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
0 likes

jollygoodvelo wrote:

Weird how all the storms seem to be coming at weekends this year!  Hope all the riders stay safe, I remember the race a few years ago when people were being blown off the road.

Gonna be a lottery to pick a worthwhile team. I’m thinking riders made out of left over bits from World War One dreadnoughts. Gilbert springs to mind.

jollygoodvelo replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
1 like

Dr Winston wrote:

jollygoodvelo wrote:

Gonna be a lottery to pick a worthwhile team. I’m thinking riders made out of left over bits from World War One dreadnoughts. Gilbert springs to mind.

Maybe Stannard might get his third?!

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Needed Dainese to step up today...sadly...

Feel a bit better about doing without Mezgec from day one now...I was undecided if Mezgec or Groves would be the sprinter....today proved I was at least right in my thinking even if wrong by the decision.

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Bringing Groenewegen back in was a success today, still wasted a transfer early on that I am regretting.

I expect Dainese was in a few teams from the start, mine anyway, and if he had come good it may not have made a huge difference to standings.

Sniffer replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

Bringing Groenewegen back in was a success today, still wasted a transfer early on that I am regretting.

Less worried about my lack of transfers now.  I did have three left that would have left me with a sprint team and Lutsenko for GC points.

11waterloo | 4 years ago
0 likes

Yes, was really hard resisting putting an extra sprinter in today to save a few for last three days. On the plus side you can fill your boots with transfers for the spring classics! 

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Just looking for the regulars and noticed Minardi without a Standard team. Did he miss the deadline?...I hope not....

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Couldn’t quite make the money work for getting Valverde in without a third transfer due to going for Lutsenko yesterday....might regret that....i’m not as convinced as some that Lutsenko will even live with this climbing field either. 

Froome riding for Dunbar today.... Froome will be 3.0mill by the start of the TDF at this rate.

Condor Andy replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Yep, unless he scores some points he'll be dirt cheap. Might take some organiser discretion to manually fix his value depending on what his form is like.

I fancy Dunbar to hav a decent ride. Pogacar should demolish this field, but I reckon Lutsenko will grab a top 5.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
1 like

I read an interview a few weeks ago where Pogacar said this was his target for early season. 

I put Dunbar in my purist until the very end then mysteriously swapped him for Herrada.... I don’t even know why.

Condor Andy replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Crap, had Yates in my team but chickened out 

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

I had the first four and Herrada. Happy days.

0 likes

Thought I was doing OK with the podium.  Got a feeling I have used one too many transfers.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

How many have you done Sniffer?

0 likes

Five

0 likes

Big decision for tomorrow. The smart move may be to accept a thin day. I’m pondering how to play it.

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've gone one too many transfers too, cant get the team I want for the last two stages. This is a recurring theme, have to plan better.

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Yep, unless he scores some points he'll be dirt cheap. Might take some organiser discretion to manually fix his value depending on what his form is like.

Not convinced it is going to matter in July.

0 likes

Could be a very short season the way things are going in Italy and such like. 

Cycling must be top of the list for dodgy sounding sports events in terms of spreading a potential pandemic.

11waterloo | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sorry to be the cycling anorak but I think that the wrong Cima is in the list of riders (Damiano when it should be Imerio). Probably will have minimal impact on game but you never know......

Condor Andy replied to 11waterloo | 4 years ago
0 likes

I got it, cheers for the catch  1

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Start list is still pap, so we'll wait until it's a little more complete. Hopefully tomorrow.

Pages

Latest Comments