Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Where to Sell a Frame?

Hello all, where would be the best place to sell a frame?

I've got a 2018 Canyon Endurace (CF SL Disc 8.0) and I'd like to switch the componentry over to a Bowman Palace 3. I've just never got on with the dynamics/geometry, and miss the feel of an alu frame....but need to raise funds in order to make the switch  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

matthewn5 | 4 years ago
0 likes

The forum classified pages can be very good for a quick sale. Of course Road.cc has one,  Bike Radar has one (good for medium/high end stuff), and LFGSS is great for bits and pieces you want to shift, particularly vintage and retro.

You might not reach ebay prices, but you'll save on Ebay and PayPal fees, which can take a disappointing cut off the top.

kil0ran | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've had plenty of success and very little muppetry on eBay. Ideally, try to wait for one of their £1 final value fee listing offers (I get them a couple of times per month I'd say). List it honestly, ideally with plenty of technical detail, and hopefully you'll get an intelligent buyer. Best Offer listings always work for me. It's a good time of year to be selling a frame, particularly something current and on-trend like yours. January's over and finances have hopefully recovered from the Christmas splurge.

srchar | 4 years ago
0 likes

Still eBay for me. They often run "sell for £1 promotions", which considerably reduces the chunk you have to hand over to them.

Latest Comments