Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Site Really Slow

Anyone one else finding this ?

I also get

Request delivery failed
We are sorry that your request could not be delivered.

Please try again in a moment.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Hirsute | 4 years ago
0 likes

Same here, script blocker, ad blocker.

It's ok today, so I guess the convoluted upstream daisy chaining of servers has been tweaked.
ie rebooted !

CygnusX1 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I was getting that yesterday morning pretty much every other refresh, seemed to clear up in the afternoon.

My antivirus software (BitDefender) also kept blocking a script multiple times on each page load.  

Web Threat Blocked

Infected web resource magictraps.com/221a***********cd5d.js

(I've redacted the full filename to prevent people running it)

I scanned the offending script manually using https://urlscan.io and it passed as clean, so its probably more likely to be poorly written tracking/nuisance adware than something that will try and wipe your disk / hold you to ransom.  

Nothing says nuisance ads more than a domain name like magictraps.  I assume the road.cc site admin staff noticed the poor performance and blocked the ad provider. 

hawkinspeter replied to CygnusX1 | 4 years ago
0 likes

CygnusX1 wrote:

I was getting that yesterday morning pretty much every other refresh, seemed to clear up in the afternoon.

My antivirus software (BitDefender) also kept blocking a script multiple times on each page load.  

Web Threat Blocked

Infected web resource magictraps.com/221a***********cd5d.js

(I've redacted the full filename to prevent people running it)

I scanned the offending script manually using https://urlscan.io and it passed as clean, so its probably more likely to be poorly written tracking/nuisance adware than something that will try and wipe your disk / hold you to ransom.  

Nothing says nuisance ads more than a domain name like magictraps.  I assume the road.cc site admin staff noticed the poor performance and blocked the ad provider. 

I don't think the ads were the cause as I have my browser fairly locked down with AdBlock Plus and NoScript so my browser wouldn't even see that javascript let alone run it.

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
1 like

#Me too

Latest Comments