Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

I need training tips and tips in general for a merckx style time trial in may 2020

the cours is 6.5 miles long and 2000 feet above sea level. it is a merckx style tt, so no aero bars or tt hilmets or disk wheels.  this is  the time trial prolog to a 2 day stage race. the time trial is the stage I feel that I have the best chance of winning. I would prefer not to buy any new parts for my bike, I would prefer just to trainb beter and suffer harder. the previos  years the wining average was 27mph. my ftp is 199.99 watts, I weigh 150 lbs. my bike weighs 15.8lbs and its an aluminum bike! (with 50mm dep clincher wheels) my average cadence is typicaly 110rpm, my 5 second power is 950 watts, and my 1 minute power is 445watts, and my 5 minute power is 400 watts.  if anyone has nutrsional tips and training tips it please share them. note my highest gear is 52X14 because of some gear ratios regulations at the event.  

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

Good luck.
Leaning back against wall and holding a squat burns legs.
Tomatoes have an enzyme that targets leg fat and when fried although a fatty way of preparing food, frying in case of tomatoes enhances that enzyme hence making a far more efficient leg fat reducer although cooked fatty.
Americans believed tomatoes to be poisonous. The acids would leach lead from their pewter plates and thus a lot of lead poisoning occurred but poor blokes who used wooden plates didn't have this problem. A poor mans fruit was tomato yet it's decent at targetting leg fat. Same enzyme as Strawberry.
Can't find name, had quick search. America years ago. People thought some bloke was crazy because he was not only going to eat 1 tomato, he was going to demonstrate and eat a bucket of tomato. Crowd gathered expecting to watch suicide. Explained above.

Latest Comments