Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Specialized S-Works Turbo Tyres

All, I ride a  2019 Specialized Tarmac Expert Disc which comes standard with S-Works Turbo Tyres. The tyres that came with the bike had a coloured element along the sidewall (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue) in between the S Works wording and the Gripton wording. 

The other day when searching the internet I stumbled accross some of these tyres for sale from Rutland Cycling at a decent discount - I thought id buy a set for when the time to change came around and to save a few pennies in the process.

The tyres turned up yesterday and the sidewall is very different and ''bland'' in comparrison. the colouring is limited to red and silver writing. Will these be the same tyres as what i currently have on my Tarmac? Im guessing the sidewall design may have been updated? 

Im sure they are the correct tyres  but unfortuantly im a bit of a tart with these things and was dissapointed that the colourful sidewall wasnt present!?  

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

tlister | 4 years ago
0 likes

Yes - it's the latter that I received but the first one with colour bands that I expected! 

VeloUSA | 4 years ago
0 likes

Specy makes 6 different Turbo tires. The 2018 S-Works Turbo clincher has multi-color slanted color bands. (image 1a). The 2019 S-Works Turbo clincher does not (image 1b). Is the latter what you received?

Latest Comments